Well, I've always noticed the people who play them and that they looked and sounded beautiful, but I never actually played one until last week when I saw one at a local music store... ****ing AMAZING little beast!

But I was wondering... on the PRS everything seemed so like, compact and really close... like it seemed like the action was a hell of a lot lower, and the pickups and body were raised really high so that they were almost touching the strings as well.

It was really comfortable and felt really natural, and I was wondering if most PRS guitars were like this, or other guitars even? And it sounded really good, I dunno what kind of pickups come in the nicer ones (I think it's different ones for different models, right?) It's just every other guitar I've played usually feels similar, but this was like COMPLETELY different.

Ben
oh yea. theyre priced rigth for their excellence. they do usually come stock with low action and they do sound awesssome. hah so much sustainn its l;ike silk!!!akhjsgf ld;f ah youre gettin me all worked up. in my opinion a nciely set SG and a PRS are the two best guitars in the world.
I think its the lower price models with the soapbar pickup. But they can sound good for the right kinds of music. They arent good for heavy stuff. And yea PRS as Im told makes a really nice guitar. Im a lefty and they dont make any lefthanded. And the shorter scale length make they feel easier to play like a SG.
PRS has their own proprietary pickups in their US guitars. McCartys have McCarty pickups, hollowbodies use Archtop pickups, the Custom and Standard 22 use Dragon 2 pickups, and the Custom and Standard 24 use HFS/Vintage Bass pickups. That's just a general overview. They cost about $130 each to buy over-the-counter. And PRS are very good guitars. Not perfect, but better generally than their competition in that price range.
Hi, I'm Peter
I played one recently too... amazing guitar. You could find better stuff if you're into playing metal I guess but for most other genre's they might just be the best guitars you can buy. I'd take a PRS over a freakin les paul any day of the week
prs make nice guitars, generally.

plenty of other options, though- nik huber, tyler, suhr, patrick eggle, jj, even just get a custom-made guitar.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dirk Gently
They cost about $130 each to buy over-the-counter.

actually they run for about $80-$90 on elderly.com, thats where i got my Dragon II set
Quote by Tackleberry
I think its the lower price models with the soapbar pickup. But they can sound good for the right kinds of music. They arent good for heavy stuff. And yea PRS as Im told makes a really nice guitar. Im a lefty and they dont make any lefthanded. And the shorter scale length make they feel easier to play like a SG.

nah they used to make a McCarty Soapbar, and i think they still do actually, and i recall before gibson sued them they made a singlecut with the soapbars in it also
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
Quote by mrrman
what guitar does Petrucci play?

Not PRS.
Basses
Ibanez Gio GSR100 w/ SDs

Amps
Acoustic B200