Hey guys, I'm going to change my pickups in my Epiphone Les Paul, I'm really leaning towards an SH-2 (jazz) i nthe neck and either an SH-5, SH-4 or SH-6 i nthe bridge, do you guys think this would be a good combo and workout ?

thx

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
all styles actually, but mostsly hard rock, metal, I also just create alot of my own stuff

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
SH-5 and Jazz sounds like a winner to me then

As far the other ones are concerned, the JB (SH-4) is too trebly for my tastes and the SH-6 might be a bit too aggressive really depends on the kind of tones you want though. The SH-5 sounds just about perfect for you though. The Jazz should do well in the neck, possibly consider the '59 maybe...
Yup - screw the JB and the Distortion....either the Custom or Custom 5 in the bridge with a 59 in the neck. The choice between Custom and Custom 5 really boils down to how much metal you're likely to play and also the kind of tone you want.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^I really don't know why you're suddenly offering pickup advice
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
If you want a very versatile combo, then the jazz 2n in the neck and a sh-4 jb in the bridge is probably your best bet with seymour duncans. like someone above said a '59 in the neck might not sound too bad either
The Jazz wouldn't be the best choice for the neck, to be honest. The '59 is much nicer in my opinion.
Quote by life_777
LoL i try pickups at. guitar center every week. hehe. I luv that place

hehe not ur money right? LoL hehe

TS what amp are you using now?

edit: i see the vavle king in ur sig. are you happy with it?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
hehe not ur money right? LoL hehe

pfft, wot a noob. internet forum etiquette dictates you use either LoL or hehe, not both.

oh and i agree with steven seagull. haven't tried the custom or custom 5, but based on the custom custom which i have tried, it's a better bet. '59 would indeed be a better bet for the neck pickup- it's really very nice in a LP- quite vintage-sounding, but with enough edge to handle some overdrive too.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?