Well, I am basically asking about the Mbox 2 Pro. I am a huge user of Line 6 computer based hardware, and love the fact that it has amp models (Gearbox Software). My question is with Pro Tools, is there a similar plug-in, or software that comes with it...or do I have to mic an amp?
2005 Epiphone Zakk Wylde Signature Buzzsaw (ZW Set Pickups)
2005 Ibanez RG5EX1
2002 Ibanez RG320DXQM w/ DiMarzio pups
Line 6 Guitarport
Cakewalk SONAR 6 PE
Propellerhead Reason 3.0
It comes with a limited version of amplitube, but other than that you'll have to buy other plugins. I believe that Line 6 has an ampfarm plug in that works with Pro Tools, though I don't know what it would cost.
Ah, cool cool.
2005 Ibanez RG5EX1
Line 6 Guitarport
Cakewalk SONAR 6 PE
Propellerhead Reason 3.0
dude if youre getting an mbox try to find an old one, definately better
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Masturbate it off.
Right now my main concern with getting Pro Tools is the fact that I have no guitar amplifiers...period. Line 6 has me spoiled I know...

Looking to start a recording rack, so it's between the PodXT Pro, and the Pro Tools 003R.

http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-DIG-MX003R-PAK.html
2005 Ibanez RG5EX1
Line 6 Guitarport
Cakewalk SONAR 6 PE
Propellerhead Reason 3.0
Quote by pcline85
Right now my main concern with getting Pro Tools is the fact that I have no guitar amplifiers...period. Line 6 has me spoiled I know...

You don't need an amp to do guitars in ProTools. Depending on your processing power you could possibly use the Amplitube version that comes with the package but I'd recommend a hardware amp sim. I use a Vox ToneLab for all my guitars these days and it works very well.