Page 1 of 2
Walking along the beach the otherday at night, i was just wondering around with friends having a look at everything, taking in what everyone was upto. Anyway, it was a stinking hot night and i was wearing jeans, no shoes and an indian/60s sort of shirt. I think their called Naru??? Anywho, wasnt like it stood out or was heaps psychedelic.

So im walking along minding my own business and then this pack of wanna-be whatever they were just (out of nowhere, for no apparent reason) start shouting at me, giving me alot of really childish comments about my clothing!! Like man, they say im gay and their commenting on my fashion sense?!?!?

Right, so Im not having a cry or anything, i just couldnt believe that people (who all looked exactly the same with hair smothered in gel and clothes covered in brandnames) could honestly think twice about what i was wearing. Im just pretty pissed off becuase i thought people werent so lame.

What does everything think, anything like this ever happened to anyone else?
Last edited by shiney_moondog at Nov 28, 2007,
Yeah, it happens to me. Get called an emo a lot, even though I am in no way emo.

Don't take it to heart- it's just a fact of life that for every 1 decent person who is born in a minute there are a thousand complete tools.
So? People are stupid. Learn this quickly and you'll save yourself a lot of annoyance.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
dude it happens to everyone. but thats a thing when you decide not to follow fasion, youll get abuse for it.
yeah, pleanty of fucktards like that around.

you could be wearing something that looks exactly the same as what theyre wearing minus a brandname and theyd still act the same way
Brand names and gel are cool! As are childish comments about other people's taste in clothes.

Just understand that people are conformist ***holes by nature, and be comforted by thinking about how you haven't sold your soul for popularity.
Studies show that 89.27% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
Think that's bad, I was once called emo while wearing a Muddy Waters t-shirt.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

HAHHAA!

I forgot about that 'emo' coining... you wear black jeans for no other reason than wearing clothes and your instantly labelled. Being tagged is a real drag.
dw about it i always get called a mosher for wearing maiden, megadeth and metallica shirts but its just stupid chavs so i dont worry about it.
LTD EC-400VF
Ibanez RG321MHRB
2005 Epiphone Vintage SG G400
MXR EVH Phase 90
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DD-7
Korg Pitchblack
Marshall JVM215C
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
yeah man dont worry about what other people think or say
and yeah there's always gonna tools out there
i despise how your expected to dress a certain way just because of the music you listen to
Quote by shiney_moondog
Walking along the beach the otherday at night, i was just wondering around with friends having a look at everything, taking in what everyone was upto. Anyway, it was a stinking hot night and i was wearing jeans, no shoes and an indian/60s sort of shirt. I think their called Naru??? Anywho, wasnt like it stood out or was heaps psychedelic.

So im walking along minding my own business and then this pack of wanna-be whatever they were just (out of nowhere, for no apparent reason) start shouting at me, giving me alot of really childish comments about my clothing!! Like man, they say im gay and their commenting on my fashion sense?!?!?

Right, so Im not having a cry or anything, i just couldnt believe that people (who all looked exactly the same with hair smothered in gel and clothes covered in brandnames) could honestly think twice about what i was wearing. Im just pretty pissed off becuase i thought people werent so lame.

What the fuck is wrong with you, shiney_moondog?
Why can't you learn to be different, like everyone else?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by beau05
i despise how your expected to dress a certain way just because of the music you listen to

Hear hear, very annoying.
*yawn*
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by shiney_moondog

you should have summoned goatse to your aid to teach those nasty nasty boys a lesson.
I get called an emo at school by these so called "Gangsters" because I wear skate brand tees.

Can someone tell me how skate brand tees relate to emolism AT ALL ?!

Also because I play guitar and listen to The Killers, RHCP and The Foo Fighters. HOW are they emo bands ?!

Stupid wannabe gangsters.
im told i am a try hard because i lowride and dont like techno. techno queers didnt start it anyway.

im told im a try hard because i wear shirts with skate brands on them. i like to skate even tho im not very good at it, and i dont claim to be.

Im told i have no style because i dont wanna wear what other people like. i have the right to tell people that multi coloured reeboks that look like a clown vomited on them are absolutely stupid.

the simplest way to get around people bagging what you wear is to bag what they wear. eventually it will go out of fashion and they will feel dumb. then they will waste money on more clothes. then you can laugh because you know that their future is plauged with people calling them gay. points to you for being different.

a guy at my school also called me an emo while i was wearing a zeppelin top. he was wearing a my chemical romance top. they arent emo really, but still what position is he in there?
People are stupid. Fact.

There, I saved you further annoyance.

--------------------------------------------------

I got called emo once for having sidebangs, but I usually get called a hippie or stoner, since I apart from the sidebang have long, somewhat dreaded hair and smokes.
you can laugh because you know that their future is plauged with people calling them gay. points to you for being different.
QUOTE]
Word. The 80's if anything teaches this very important lesson; all the retards that we laugh at today followed the trends that was back then.

Furthermore, the trends of today are always stupid. ALWAYS:

- Emo/Hot Topic
- Ghetto
- Hair wax, expensive brands. ' Nuff said @ people falling for that ****.
- The thing that I hate the most: Individuality. I hear how MallGoths/HOt-Topic-followers are individual, I hear how emos are individual, I see Carlings or JC promoting individuality, EVERYWHERE they talk about you being individual when all they do is selling the same crap to a lot of people.

You're only individual/alternative if you are the only one in your area wearing what you wear or if you make your own clothes. While you can have your own, alternative opinion about why you dress yourself the way you do people won't give a **** unless you speak it.
yeah, emos non conform. they do this by listening to the same music, wearing the same clothes and agreeing on everything.

...wait hang on?
i used to be called a poser for wearing one DC shirt so i stopped wearing skate stuff

now, i wear band t-shirts everyday cause i don't really feel like wearing anything else
so i was called emo because they were all fricken black! wtf? i'm one of the happiest kids in my school compared to the other whiny kids about how their life sucks when they live in a hugeass house and are wearing like abercrombie and crap!

sorry about the rant but i do wear the thick rimmed glasses....maybe has to do with my emoness
Quote by imdeth
The only grinding i want to do is to Napalm Death.
Quote by the humanity
you get humanitarian of the day award.
ya i get **** all the time... from my own friends! always have comments on my hair, my facial hair, my cloths yada yada yada...

you get used to it after a while...
Rainbow
(I'm not gay)
I got called emo for wearing a Doors t-shirt...The Doors for Christ's sake!!!
They guy even had to yell it out his car window to say it as he drove by!
Quote by The Spoon
i wasnt wikipediaing blow job okay, it just happened

Quote by primusfan

one time i fucked a sofa.

Quote by Draken
Freedom of speach?

on a private website?

Based in Russia?

i'm sorry comrade, but you fail.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
What the fuck is wrong with you, shiney_moondog?
Why can't you learn to be different, like everyone else?

He was being different, which was why he was ridiculed.
Quote by The Spoon

Quote by primusfan

Quote by Draken
Freedom of speach?

on a private website?

Based in Russia?

My friend got called emo for playing "Future world" by Helloween really loud. Now this is stupid because the lyrics go:

"We all live in happiness
Our life is full of joy
We say the world tomorowwithout fear"

How is that emo?
NO ONE EVER READS MY POSTS.
someone called me a greebo the other day. i was wearing a nice normal pair of jeans and a blue wraparound cardigan?

people are weird. really weird. and fairly stupid. oh, and they're probably on drugs. yeah.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by civilunrest
He was being different, which was why he was ridiculed.

Dude, I think you broke your sarcasm detector.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.

yup, people suck.

Get used to it.
Quote by GlamSpam

I developed a thought experiment to explain why you can't remember anything before you were born:
Quote by BlinkWilNvaSink
I get called an emo at school by these so called "Gangsters" because I wear skate brand tees.

Can someone tell me how skate brand tees relate to emolism AT ALL ?!

Also because I play guitar and listen to The Killers, RHCP and The Foo Fighters. HOW are they emo bands ?!

Stupid wannabe gangsters.

Haha i hear that brother, u wear a band shirt these days and u'll get called an emo. I mean you could wear a black Britney Spears shirt with loose jeans for God's sake and be called an emo.

As seems the popular trend in this thread, people are stupid
Quote by Shylock
Well, If I woke up a girl, I would immediantly proceed to achieving an orgaism.

because they are superior to ours.

I AM HERE TO RIDE BIKE!!!
Quote by Ali-b912
you can laugh because you know that their future is plauged with people calling them gay. points to you for being different.
QUOTE]
Word. The 80's if anything teaches this very important lesson; all the retards that we laugh at today followed the trends that was back then.

Furthermore, the trends of today are always stupid. ALWAYS:

- Emo/Hot Topic
- Ghetto
- The thing that I hate the most: Individuality. I hear how MallGoths/HOt-Topic-followers are individual, I hear how emos are individual, I see Carlings or JC promoting individuality, EVERYWHERE they talk about you being individual when all they do is selling the same crap to a lot of people.

You're only individual/alternative if you are the only one in your area wearing what you wear or if you make your own clothes. While you can have your own, alternative opinion about why you dress yourself the way you do people won't give a **** unless you speak it.

I can get away with the Hot Topic = Individuality thing. There's so few kids at my school who shop there, it's crazy, so I can get away with it. And I'm not emo...I just like what I like and don't give a ****.
Member of UG's LBGTQQ
Member of the Grammar Nazi's
PM Matticuss22 to join.

Girls
Girls
Girls
Girls
Girls
Girls
Quote by -Vogel-

I can get away with the Hot Topic = Individuality thing. There's so few kids at my school who shop there, it's crazy, so I can get away with it. And I'm not emo...I just like what I like and don't give a ****.

Justifying your decisions by say "I don't give a ****" is 99.9% of the definition of emo kid as far as I'm concerned....
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by bodyheatseeker
Dude, I think you broke your sarcasm detector.

****, not again...my bad.
Quote by The Spoon

Quote by primusfan

Quote by Draken
Freedom of speach?

on a private website?

Based in Russia?

Quote by Damone_player07

Justifying your decisions by say "I don't give a ****" is 99.9% of the definition of emo kid as far as I'm concerned....

But isn't that the reason anybody wears anything?
Even tweed...
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.

Welcome To The Club?

Although I tend to get it at home more than anything.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Don't worry, people under 21 don't have the mental capability to understand the concept that not everyone has to dress exactly the same.
Quote by bodyheatseeker

WHAT?!
Quote by -Vogel-

GODDAMN YOU BRYCLREEM FOR MAKING ME FALL FOR YOUR WELL FRAGRANCED AND WELL HOLDING HAIR WAX THAT KEEPS MY HAIR LOOKING GOOD WHEN IT'S SHORTER!

Yeah, I really fell for that marketing ploy. Whoops! Sold out to another major corporation.

How the **** can you put hair wax and expensive brands in the same category? Does someone have a chip on their shoulder because they've got bad hair and can't afford expensive clothes? Or because it's 'gay'? Or 'lame'?
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
That's why I am a noncomformist from nonconformity for all the nonconformity conforms to the conformists that wish nothing more than to blend in with the crowd. It's a confusing world.
Page 1 of 2