This is now changing, you people seem to know alot about guitars, so if i had 2 single pups, and i was wanting to join them as a humbucker, would i just, disconnect one and connect the wires to the other?
also would i connect the white wite as well? (the white one is inside the black one)
oh and disregard all the posts below
Last edited by Telecaster7 at Dec 18, 2007,
i dont know if the american switch will line up exactly with the squier holes, but you can always drill new holes.

as for ur tech problem...

do you mean, you took off the plastic knobs off and maybe even the nut holding the pot stem, and then the pot stem fell into the guitar?

if so, take off the control plate, push the pot stem back in thru that hole and tighten the nut back onto the stem. holding from both sides, so not to twist the pot around.

then slide the knob back on. the knob might be the type with a locking screw on the side.
that's tightened with a tiny allen wrench. (some teles are)

here is a picture i have of my control plate off of my tele. the pots are the round parts under the plate. as you can see the plastic knobs are still on the guitar in this picture.
but in ur case, u would hold the stem on the top side and the pot underneath.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Nov 28, 2007,
well thasts sort of what happened, but you know when you pull the knobs off and there's a bit that looks a little like this
_____
|-------|
|--_ _-| <---Knob
|_ | |_|<-----Cross section
__| |
__| | <-----This bit

that bit came out and now i cant get it back in because it just spins and doesn't catch on anything.
please keep helping!
(sorry for my shody drawings)
Last edited by Telecaster7 at Nov 30, 2007,
if the stem pulled completely out of the guitar. then it sounds like it's broken.

if it is, a new pot is about $10. and the wires should be simple enough to solder back on.

there's a different pic of a pot. can you find a picture on line, open it in paint and draw lines to the problem?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

If you have really tight knobs or dont loosen the set screw they will break the stem off the pot. Only way to fix is a new pot just make sure you get the right value. Would be the time to put the better pots in. Guitar companies use the generic pots, getting an audio taper for volume and linear taper for tone makes em work alot better.
Quote by jj1565
if the stem pulled completely out of the guitar. then it sounds like it's broken.

if it is, a new pot is about $10. and the wires should be simple enough to solder back on.

there's a different pic of a pot. can you find a picture on line, open it in paint and draw lines to the problem?

yep thats exactly what happened
you're welcome, good luck
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

thanks. yeah, i think so too. i had a top ten how to thread with pics, i meant to get stickied but it got lost somehow.

unless it's the only thing in the thread, info like that usually gets too burried for new guys to find.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

^you could probably get some for $4 then shipping rounds to about 10.
or i guess you can try radio shack, if that's what ur wondering.

and ts, you can use a pot from another guitar, but remember an inferior pot wont sound as good.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Just make sure it's the same resistance as your current pot, or you'd be hearing way too loud highs. I'm guessing it'd have to be 250k ohms.