Page 1 of 3
Tobacco is good, and because it is good it should be used in the classroom without age limitations. I have decided to do a school paper on this (in a logical unbiased way) to prove it. Please, can the good folks of UG help me in my quest to find sources other that Wikipedia that prove my point?

I only have two:

http://www.arthurshall.com/x_2006_tobacco.shtml
http://www.arthurshall.com/x_gospel_of_chew.shtml
head and founder of the cave dweller association

i have 100§ to my name
though i know they are from the same site they are different articles. arthurshall is great.

i have 100§ to my name
I doubt Arthur's Hall - "of viking manliness" - is a credible source to site. Look for articles and journals from newspapers and such supporting your argument (though I doubt you'll find many).
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
gum disease, cancer, COPD, asthma, emphezema (sp?)
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal
Despite all wishful thinking, tobacco is toxic and harzardous to human health.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
well, you score a healthy 7/10 on the prickometer.
UG's Stock Market Guy

Hablo Español
Wǒ néng shuō Zhōngwén

So you can speak to me in English, Spanish or Chinese

My Recordings:

Dissident Blues
El Farol
Lenny
We'll Make This Work
Stop This Train
You will need to grant yourself your own doctorate from your own made-up university in your own made-up field of research, and write your own article supporting your claim. That is the only way to get a source that agrees with you.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
come on trog if youre not gonna argue with us how do you expect to write a decent paper?
Quote by WickedBeast666
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

Quote by Schneiderman
You will need to grant yourself your own doctorate from your own made-up university in your own made-up field of research, and write your own article supporting your claim. That is the only way to get a source that agrees with you.

Or like I said, find a source that predates the Cold War.
oh come now people, let's all be ignorant for a change. YAY FOR SNUFF!

i have 100§ to my name
Quote by Badreligionrock
I doubt Arthur's Hall - "of viking manliness" - is a credible source to site. Look for articles and journals from newspapers and such supporting your argument (though I doubt you'll find many).

i think Arthur's Hall is a great credible source. It's not wikipedia and that is all the teacher said.

i have 100§ to my name
Quote by trog
i think Arthur's Hall is a great credible source. It's not wikipedia and that is all the teacher said.

Does Arhtur's Hall show experimental data? Does it show any biological reasoning? Does it show any reputable sources that it has cited?

No?

Then it's not credible.
Quote by trog

Number 1 - Useless.

Number 2 - Nothing to do with the human body.

Number 3 - Doesn't argue that tobacco is good for you, just that is slightly healthier than cigarettes.

You're going to have some serious problems arguing this case.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
do sex as bad for your health, its easier.....
Quote by WickedBeast666

Quote by denizenz
I hope I die before the entire world is being run by your generation.

don't worry, i bet alot of other people hope you die before we show up too.

actually my generation is starting to look like a bunch of liberal "tobacco is ick" type of people. lets just hope the Rebs fight a little. the great tobacco movement of 2015 or something. (like the hippi movement or elvis or something along the lines of that.)

i have 100§ to my name
Quote by Badreligionrock
Number 1 - Useless.

Number 2 - Nothing to do with the human body.

Number 3 - Doesn't argue that tobacco is good for you, just that is slightly healthier than cigarettes.

You're going to have some serious problems arguing this case.

im not going for the grade or for being right, devil's advocate anybody?"

i have 100§ to my name
Quote by trog
im not going for the grade or for being right, devil's advocate anybody?"

Then your work is pointless. You can't just say 'black is white' when black is quite clearly black (racist jokes aside).

Quote by Pinky19
Look, I enjoy a good cigar every now and then, but everyone knows that tobacco has a negative impact on your health. You could argue that in moderation there's nothing wrong with it, it's abusing it that'll get you killed (this applies to almost anything though).
Quote by Badreligionrock
Then your work is pointless. You can't just say 'black is white' when black is quite clearly black (racist jokes aside).

my work is not pointless, we must question every little thing they try to teach us, for the sake of learning and so we cannot be mislead.

i have 100§ to my name
Quote by LolPirates
Look, I enjoy a good cigar every now and then, but everyone knows that tobacco has a negative impact on your health. You could argue that in moderation there's nothing wrong with it, it's abusing it that'll get you killed (this applies to almost anything though).

they say it takes 15 yrs to get the bad affects of one cigerette out of your system, moderation as in once every 15 yrs?

i have 100§ to my name
Quote by trog
my work is not pointless, we must question every little thing they try to teach us, for the sake of learning and so we cannot be mislead.

So you rebel against spelling? The word is "misled".

And stop being all pseudo-new wave idealist kid, it doesn't work.
You should write a paper about how people try to justify all these vices instead:

- smoking is good becaue tobacco defuses bombs
- alcohol and other drugs reduce stress and cure AIDS
- pirating music off torrents is good because now the record companies can't suck as much money from the artist, so nyeh!

And I could go on. I drink sometimes, I smoke cigars sometimes, I download software, yet I don't try to make up bullshit excuses for it.

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
plus think how cool it would be to have spittoons in the hallways at school and snuff machines by the entrance

i have 100§ to my name
Quote by trog

I don't think it's necessary to question everything that is taught to you. Do you question algebra? Chemistry? Didn't think so.

However, you should question your English teacher if that's how she taught you to spell 'misled'.

Those other sources are better.

Quote by trog
plus think how cool it would be to have spittoons in the hallways at school and snuff machines by the entrance

Ok, you just lost any respect I had for you. Are you trying to start a revolution?

Where do you live?

Quote by Pinky19
Quote by Deliriumbassist
So you rebel against spelling? The word is "misled".

And stop being all pseudo-new wave idealist kid, it doesn't work.

ahh shush, grammar sucks

pseudo-new wave idealist kid? wtf?

this is a new genre to me. i just like getting on teacher's nerves

i have 100§ to my name
You're unintelligent about this subject. Tobacco's few debatable heath benefits are completely outweighed by the plethora of horrible things it does to you system. You will not convince anyone otherwise who is not already of the same ignorant view. Prove the benefits are real by backing them up with a source, and then prove that they outweigh the huge negatives of the drug.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
Quote by Schneiderman

Mmmmmmhm.
Quote by Badreligionrock
I don't think it's necessary to question everything that is taught to you. Do you question algebra? Chemistry? Didn't think so.

However, you should question your English teacher if that's how she taught you to spell 'misled'.

Those other sources are better.

but i do question algebra and chemistry. algebra is based on several assumptions that have worked in every case ever known, but does never being wrong make something always right? no, it does not. they are teaching us in chemistry that electrons, nuetrons and protons are made up of smaller things called quarks. how do they know? educated guess.

note:
they small things called quarks might not be actually called quarks, it was the first word that popped into my head

i have 100§ to my name
Quote by trog
ahh shush, grammar sucks

pseudo-new wave idealist kid? wtf?

this is a new genre to me. i just like getting on teacher's nerves

If you're so smart, why do you even go to school? I mean, all those other people are morons, and you're so enlightened. They're just sheep while you're a visionary.

My suggestion: quit school and stop wasting tax money, and practice wicca.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Ah, so you're even worse than a pseudo-new wave idealist kid?

You're a brat.

only when i want to be

i have 100§ to my name
Quote by Mad Marius
If you're so smart, why do you even go to school? I mean, all those other people are morons, and you're so enlightened. They're just sheep while you're a visionary.

My suggestion: quit school and stop wasting tax money, and practice wicca.

when did i say i was smart?

i guess i just come accross that way, sorry.

i have 100§ to my name
Page 1 of 3