Hey everyone, I'm kinda new to the board and this seemed like the best place to post... so yea, lol.

My question is... what good choices are there for acoustic guitars around and under $1500? Currently, the guitars I'm interested in are the Seagull Artist Studio Burst with the i-beam duet electronics and the Taylor 310ce. I'm just wondering what other brands offer great guitars in this price range.

Many thanks in advance.
Martin! Save yourself that extra $500 and get an all solid D-15 Custom (Solid Sitka Spruce top I think, and solid mahogany or rosewood back and sides.) You can also get a D-16GT, the guitar I have, which is pretty damn sweet. It has a Micarta Fretboard, which might be weird for acoustic junkies/purists. Hah, works for me.

You should check out:
Martin
Breedlove
Epiphone (Masterbilt Series)

You can go ahead and look into Taylor, but it got ridiculous when I saw $999.00 for laminate rosewood back and sides. I guess Taylor only shines when you got enough dough.
get a nice martin. i have a 00-15 and will never buy another guitar... unless it gets stolen agian.
CAD. which is higher than USD right now, so thats awesome for me.

I've tried larrivee's. i just dont like them... i played one today for about 3 hours. my friend is away in hong kong, so he gave it to my other friend. it was a nice larrivee too. a $3000 one. not sure what model though. i guess it just doesnt fit me because my fingers are really short and stubby, haha.

what im really looking for in my acoustic is good electronics and easy playability for my short stubby fingers. i'll pretty much be using it as a stummer, but i do try to play fingerstyle sometimes. the keyword in that last sentence being try.
I have short fingers too and I found the neck of the seagull S6 a bit too wide for me..
I'm not sure about the seagull artist series....

I just purchased a brand new custom made Martin dreadnought /w Solid spruce top and solid Rosewood back and sides /w case for abt: $680 at GC.

I'm not sure if this is even true but GC listed it to retail for $1699. They list them for $999 normally. I did take advantage of the black friday sale in addition to severe negotiating. So it all depends on how you deal with your sales person.
Quote by jojo21
I have short fingers too and I found the neck of the seagull S6 a bit too wide for me..
I'm not sure about the seagull artist series....

I just purchased a brand new custom made Martin dreadnought /w Solid spruce top and solid Rosewood back and sides /w case for abt: $680 at GC.

I'm not sure if this is even true but GC listed it to retail for $1699. They list them for $999 normally. I did take advantage of the black friday sale in addition to severe negotiating. So it all depends on how you deal with your sales person.
Which model is it? D-15?
personally, i like martins best but acoustic guitars are so much personal you have to test many brands. as you are able to spend that much i suggest martins,seagulls, taylors,gibsons and check out takamine too (they should be cheaper but great!)

good luck!
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
hmm... to me, seagulls feel alright. the neck doesnt feel the best to me though. i dont find the larger neck to be too problematic. i actually find wide necks quite easy to play, haha.

i actually compared the sound of a performer series seagull to a $1000 dollar taylor spruce top with sapele sides(dont remember the model), and that taylor got OWNED. no competition in sound even though the seagull had crappy rusted strings and the taylor had elixirs.

anyway, thanks for all the suggestions. keep them coming if you have any more.
i actually compared the sound of a performer series seagull to a $1000 dollar taylor spruce top with sapele sides(dont remember the model), and that taylor got OWNED

My buddy and I went shopping for a new electric-acoustic in Stratford last summer. After trying every guitar in the shop, he settled for a Taylor with a spruce top, ebony fretboard and sapele sides & venetian cut-away. It sounded absolutely amazing -- I was very impressed. It was in the $1000-range, perhaps a little less now with the high Canadian dollar.
for that price range just make sure you get a SOLID top. no binded or laminate.
96 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop
95 Strat w/ Lindy Fralins
Ibanez JS1000
Orange AD30HTC
Vox AC30
Blue Alnico Cab
Budda Wah
Barber Tone Press
Keeley NOVA Wah
Pederson Strobo
Keeley TS-808
HBE Chorus
T-Rex Delay
Red Witch Moon Phase
haha yea. theres no way im paying over $1000 for a laminate. thats just silly.

from most of these posts, i've been getting the feeling that everyone loves martins. i've actually never tried one... but i've been dying to try them out, lol. most stores i go to dont sell martins. im also dying to try out a guild.