Page 1 of 2
Come here to talk about any elder scrolls game, give advice, talk about funny stories. Basically anything

and I am bored out of my mind cause I got in trouble and need a new idea for a fun character to play as in Oblivion. Prefer magic so if anyone has good characters help
Quote by jakemac
I found a glitch once..it was weird..my horse started flying (oblivion ftw)

Nothing new. You're not special.

Next.
It's difficult to win unless you're bored.
anyone get that new update for oblivion. I think it was the madness/insanity place.
i found a glitch...............this thread!
Quote by Atomic48
Nothing's impossible if you have the proper artillery.

Quote by Prole
In-depth common sense, at your service.

I Witnessed The Glory Of GORHL!

"It all shall fall, by the grace of the people." - ZDLR in Producer.
The problem with Oblivion is that it made all other games look so ridicilously small.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by TheNextJimi
anyone get that new update for oblivion. I think it was the madness/insanity place.

Shimming Isles? Yea, it kicks ass.
Quote by GoobaSun
so i just pulled my shirt up and there was brown stuff looking like boogers coming out of my belly button, I picked a piece and took a whiff...it smells like shitttttttttt! wtf is happening to me?

www.myspace.com/heroesbefore
yea thats it. Thanks, I have it but would you advise doing it as a high or low level?
did you guys know bethesda has plans to make an elder scrolls mmorpg?
You should play Morrowind. I preffered it to Oblivion.

It might really annoy you, going back from oblivion, because the gameplay isn't as good as oblivion, but i thought world was more interesting.
Quote by nine01n
did you guys know bethesda has plans to make an elder scrolls mmorpg?

That would be the sweetest thing ever. And is morrowing for the original Xbox or can it be played on 360 cause I only have 360.

And does anyone have any fun mage characters I could create. Most of mine are boring as hell to play.
It's a great game. Got it for PC.
Quote by 6079 Smith W
One time I had this chick setting on my lap, sucking on my neck, unbuttoning my pants when one of my friends walked in and ruined the whole thing. To be fair though, she was his girlfriend.

Shoopin' that whoop since before you were born, son.
It's 5 years old so it should be quite cheap. You can get it here for like £5 from amazon, so i would guess about $10. You can probably play the xbox verison on your 360, but the pc version is better.
Dark Brotherhood ftw.

Spill some blood for me dear brother!
Quote by H^2

Wise words Trashfan.

trashfan
Quote by Chubbychunks
It's not going to be that great. Although particle physics does give me a hadron.
I'm just starting my morrowind...

But could someone tell me where I could get the daedra armor spell? I heard 'bout it but I don't know if it would be something I would get far in or like if I can buy it somewhere or something.

thanks
*looks at sig*

**** YEAH FARGOTH!
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
*Looks at Its_Rock's sig*

*Looks at my sig*

Quote by Crazymike100

You disgust me.

Quote by jack_off_joel
bro u are definately gay

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
A backstabbin' bitch who calls himself the 'oracle'?

Quote by 100%guitarmad
I AM GOING TO HAVE TO REFER TO THE FIRST QUOTE IN YOUR SIGNATURE

UG loves me so much. Do you?

MY NAME IS JACOB. CALL ME THAT.
i love the elder scrolls. As some had mentioned, i also prefer Morrowind to Oblivion. There was something more "epic" about it. I think it was the lack of destination points and the lack of quick travel
Morrowind > Oblivion
IMO
But both are epic
"Fast travel" ruined Oblivion.
Morrowind makes Oblivion look like some carebare wanna be RPG geared towards 8 year olds.

Morrowind has easily over 1000 hours of gameplay and dungeon crawling. I did 100% of everything I Oblivion, including the expansions, in under 150 hours.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Quote by Demon Wolf
The problem with Oblivion is that it made all other games look so ridicilously small.

Uh...no it didn't. It's the smallest map yet of the elder scrolls series, 'cept maybe for Morrowind, which still had something like twice as many NPC's. Arena and Daggerfall were effing huge.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by Mutant Corn
Uh...no it didn't. It's the smallest map yet of the elder scrolls series, 'cept maybe for Morrowind, which still had something like twice as many NPC's. Arena and Daggerfall were effing huge.

That guy has obviously never played ANY of the other Elder Scrolls series, so his opinions on the matter don't mean squat.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Hmm, I never played Arena or Daggerfall.

I definitely preferred Morrowind (when I was playing it) to Oblivion. However I find it painful to try to play Morrowind now. Seems so slow It does have a very epic quality to it.

I really got pissed off with some of the bugs that were in Oblivion and Shivering Isles too. However, when I first for SI, I nearly shit myself, it looked so awesome.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
I have, in fact, played all the way through 3 and 4, about halfway through Arena's main quest, and about 2 hours worth on a friend's copy of Daggerfall
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by i have to pee
Morrowind makes Oblivion look like some carebare wanna be RPG geared towards 8 year olds.

Morrowind has easily over 1000 hours of gameplay and dungeon crawling. I did 100% of everything I Oblivion, including the expansions, in under 150 hours.

1000 hours, I think your giving a little to much. And how many of those hours are walking back and forth between two places. Fast Travel saved Oblivion IMO, simply because if you don't want to fast travel, DONT!!!! I hated having to travel from camp to camp in Morrowind trying to beat the main quest. It wasn't hard, it wasn't challenging, it was just time spending.

Oblivion is a little bigger then Morrowind when you factor in Shivering Isles, and the combat is better because I hated having to shoot arrows at people yet they would not hit, seriously standing 10 inches from someones face and it misses. They are both amazing games, two of my favorite. But Oblivion is a little better to me because I just feel like I am part of the world. Then again Morrowind has a trillion quests for every guild/house/random quests.
How can you say Morrowind didn't have fast travel? Not instantaneous...but Boat/Strider/Mage's Guild, Intervention, Mark/Recall, Propylon Chambers and Scrolls of Windform are quite fast, and you discover more of the map.

(I'm not anti-Oblivion, btw...I love it. I just love Morrowind too)
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Dec 12, 2007,
Quote by Mutant Corn
How can you say Morrowind didn't have fast travel? Not instantaneous...but Boat/Strider/Mage's Guild, Intervention, Mark/Recall, Propylon Chambers and Scrolls of Windform are quite fast, and you discover more of the map.

Yea, I forgot how to mark recall last time I played the game lol, I really should have learned that. But many of the quests required you to travel to places were there are no fast travel options available, i.e. North east side of map, Southeast side of the map. There were many times I had to just walk and walk and walk and walk and I found it boring.
XD Windform dude...they help a lot. Easiest place to get them is Balmora Temple.

edit @ BPC: No

edit again: I just remembered an awesome combo from Morrowind. If you put on the Cuirass of Saviours Hide, followed by the Boots of Blinding Speed, you get all the speed but can still see for the most part. Same with something that gives night-eye, I believe, since they both simply alter the brightness level.
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Dec 12, 2007,
Page 1 of 2