So when i went to go look at a tubescreamer ( cuz i'm looking for a bit of a Overdrive) the salesman there said he didnt carry them... however.. he did have a Boss CS-3 compression sustainer and he told me that should work just fine for what im after... all he says is crank up the tone and sustain a bit and adjust the volume.. wtf.. is he true or shoudl i go back and take his job? LOL!!
uh..... body massage?
I love my...

Parker Nitefly Mojo - custom
Schecter 006 Hellraiser
Ibanez S470QS

Mesa / Boogie F-50
Vox AD50VT

Seagull Artist Studio cutaway I-beam

Ibanez ATK700
Ibanez Soundwave 35
Don't get the compressor, it's not what you're looking for (going from the info in your last thread). What pedals does he carry?

uh..... body massage?

What did you just say?

...body massage machine!
How are you gonna take his job if YOU don't know if it'll work either?
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by Guitarmiester
Don't get the compressor, it's not what you're looking for (going from the info in your last thread). What pedals does he carry?

What did you just say?

...body massage machine!

exactly.
I love my...

Schecter 006 Hellraiser
Ibanez S470QS

Mesa / Boogie F-50
Vox AD50VT

Ibanez ATK700
Ibanez Soundwave 35
the take his job was a joke.. however i would like a body massage... and dearly noted about NOT getting the CS-3. thanks.!
mr. body massage machine.... GO!
I love my...

Schecter 006 Hellraiser
Ibanez S470QS

Mesa / Boogie F-50
Vox AD50VT

Ibanez ATK700
Ibanez Soundwave 35
awww yes.... get in there nice and deep like... wait.. uhhh sorry... done with this post!!!
I walked into a guitar shop once and asked if they carried DiMarzio pickups (Tone Zone and Air Norton to be specific). The guy said no, then showed me a set of singlecoils for a strat. I told him that wasn't exactly what I was after, since I was looking for humbuckers and all, but he kept on going like "but they're really good pickups, dude". I left the store, and I haven't been back since.

It sounds like a made up story, but I swear it's true.

I used to think all people who work in guitar stores knew a lot about guitars, but many of them haven't got a clue.
Quote by kyrreca
I walked into a guitar shop once and asked if they carried DiMarzio pickups (Tone Zone and Air Norton to be specific). The guy said no, then showed me a set of singlecoils for a strat. I told him that wasn't exactly what I was after, since I was looking for humbuckers and all, but he kept on going like "but they're really good pickups, dude". I left the store, and I haven't been back since.

It sounds like a made up story, but I swear it's true.

I used to think all people who work in guitar stores knew a lot about guitars, but many of them haven't got a clue.

I feel your pain dude. Shop like that where I live, sold me my MG at a WAY over priced price, £430 to be exact, I was young and naive. And I recently bought my S470 from there for £100 more than you can get it for off GAK etc (had to because I had a gig on the day and needed a guitar). After buying the guitar they then had the cheek to try and flog me a guitar case for another £40 after I'd already given them hundreds of pounds for the guitar, and guess what, I actually had a case in my hand while he was trying to sell me one. I promptly told him to go f*ck himself and walked out with me guitar.

There are some shops out there that will literally chew at your feet to try and sell you something before they let you leave.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Last year when I was looking for an Ibanez RG1527 I check the local GC and of course they didn't have one. One of the guitar guys were pretending he knew what he was talking about and managed to say "all Ibanez guitars are made in Japan, no matter what's stamped on the back of the headstock."