hey. i dunno what to write so i guess ill just talk about why I sign'd up tp UG. I love music, then again who doesnt. so ive always wanted to learn an insturment especially the guitar. dunno what it is about it but if i picture myself playing anything its the guitar. my family doesnt really have alot of money so we couldnt really afford a guitar and stuff so i had pretty much lost hope. then one day my uncle (a muscian) gave my father a brand new acoustic guitar for his birthday. cause as it turns out my fathers always wanted to learn how to play aswell. and so now i have a guitar but my uncle cant teach me cause he lives in NY while i live in FL. so i came to UG to ask a question im sure you've heard many times. were do I start ?
Quote by Eager&Confused
hey. i dunno what to write so i guess ill just talk about why I sign'd up tp UG. I love music, then again who doesnt. so ive always wanted to learn an insturment especially the guitar. dunno what it is about it but if i picture myself playing anything its the guitar. my family doesnt really have alot of money so we couldnt really afford a guitar and stuff so i had pretty much lost hope. then one day my uncle (a muscian) gave my father a brand new acoustic guitar for his birthday. cause as it turns out my fathers always wanted to learn how to play aswell. and so now i have a guitar but my uncle cant teach me cause he lives in NY while i live in FL. so i came to UG to ask a question im sure you've heard many times. were do I start ?

Here

Ask lots of questions and learn as much as you can

Good luck, btw.
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
Like that guy said, start there and learn as much as you can and if you dont understand wtf something is, just skip it for a while and ask when your a little more advanced because you might fing out on the way anyways.
I highly recomend learning how to read guitar tab and getting Power Tab installed on your pc, its free, easy to use, and worth it.
If your looking for where to start, just begin by looking up an easy song you like and messing with it until your happy with what you can do, if not move on to another. Then move on to chords, then make sure your fretting hard enough and solidly so none of the sound is muffled. If you start to learn bad, it will take more time up in the long run to learn the right way. Most of all, dont get frustrated. You will eventually but just keep trying.
And the last piece of advice, is PRACTICE! Youll hear it alot, and hate it alot, But usually thats the problem.
Other than that feel free to ask us any question you have and well help.
Welcome
Hey, welcome to UG

Like whats been said there's a thread for introductions. Make sure to read the rules, and look at the stickey's before posting new threads

Have Fun!!!!!!!!!!!
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown