Jet is a band that reigns from Melbourne and has a trad rock sound that is fairly reminiscent of the Beatles, the Stones, ACDC, and other great bands. Having already toured with the Stones, they are ripping up the modern rock scene with their classic sound that rivals only Wolfmother in influences. They've already released two albums that have made waves and their frontman, Chris Cester, has already released a cover of the Easybeats' "Evie" with the supergroup named after their lead singer, the Wrights. This is discussion and news on them.
^True
My cancer spot is much bigger than yours

Quote by HumBucker666
I get carrot skinned regularly by a electrified carrot skinning device

Quote by GrEgUms1991
I have a small penis if that counts?

^ some pretty awesome sh!t ( click )

Europeans Unite!
To start a long conversation ,and to keep this thread alive, lets start with the most used question on UG.what is your most favourite song by Jet?Rip it up for me, discuss.
My cancer spot is much bigger than yours

Quote by HumBucker666
I get carrot skinned regularly by a electrified carrot skinning device

Quote by GrEgUms1991
I have a small penis if that counts?

^ some pretty awesome sh!t ( click )

Europeans Unite!
^Move on, or maybe Bring it on back.
Member#8 of the John Frusciante and Red Hot Chilli Peppers UG fanclub. PM IpodInaBottle to join
First let me start out with a helpful hint... its called the edit button use it instead of double posting. Next Jet is a great little band, with a hard rocking sound. I have not got any of the albums but of what I have heard .... I like em!
Sitting on the edge of nowhere.
Watch Out or Ill Steal Your Girlfriend... or Wife.
Roll Tide
my favorite song would have to be "Are you Gonna Be My Girl" I have it as my ringtone : )
MATT
Well, I think that "Are You Gonna Be My Girl" is a good song, but it is widely overused, like Wolfmother's "Woman." If anything, the continual replaying of that song seems to show how people don't appreciate the bands past their face value. However, indie rock fans and garage rock revival fans will definitely appreciate the wider catalogues of their works. I enjoy "Stand Up", "Shine On", "Holiday", "Get Me Outta Here", "Get What You Need", and alot of their other songs. The only song I don't like by them is "Take It Or Leave It", because while it is blues-based, it isn't as deep as their other songs.
Of course, the comparisons they have received to Oasis are nonexistent. I mean, Oasis has had songs that depended on catchy, interesting lyrics. However, Jet blows them out of the water and have created their fanbase. Of course, they are the next generation of rock. I think we can establish firmly that Australia is starting to have better indie bands than Britain.
uhh, they're pretty lame.. I guess some of their songs are decent (cold hard bitch), but their album had alot of fillers.. I won't waste my money on the second one.
Of course, they are the next generation of rock. I think we can establish firmly that Australia is starting to have better indie bands than Britain.

That isn't hard as indie as a genre in the UK is in a state of flux, in other words - most of it is terrible. Our fair isle is certainly produced better music overall than Australia, if Jet are the best example you can give.
jet are pretty cool, but their second album, overall was not too good imo, despite the few cool songs it had. also, wolfmother caned them live (bdo's). and i also heard they broke up, any truth in the rumour?
I've seen them because in Poland They played as a support for The Red Hot Chili Peppers. They were great!! I really like them since that moment
Epiphone Les Paul Studio 2005
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion
EHX Q-Tron +
Line 6 FM-4 Filter Modeler
Fender CD60 Acoustic
John Frusciante and RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS UG fanclub.
Problem is that the U.S. and Australia are the only good places to look for the great rock bands of the New Millenium. The British Indie Rock scene is, as Noel Gallagher described it "trash(Though, a bit more vulgar, when he said it.)" Look at it. They all have great instrumentalists, but they have the worst vocalists ever.
i like the song rip it up it has a good hard rock sound
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
Quote by Dragon Master
Problem is that the U.S. and Australia are the only good places to look for the great rock bands of the New Millenium. The British Indie Rock scene is, as Noel Gallagher described it "trash(Though, a bit more vulgar, when he said it.)" Look at it. They all have great instrumentalists, but they have the worst vocalists ever.

Well indie rock is only one side, Britain produces good rock music still. And Australia? Seriously, I can understand your bias, but where are these great rock bands from Oz of which you speak?
australian ROCK: jet, wolfmother, ac dc, living end, cold chisel, grinspoon, silvercahir (besides new stuff which isn't very 'rock'), THE VINES.

british rock: ?

i'm also austrlian / bias though...
Well, I'd count Jet as succeeding where Oasis fails, in some respects. Oasis trys to be rock and roll, but the "swagger" they reportedly have is somewhat of a chillout mood. I think that "Shine On" is the archetype of a Jet song- better at incorporating a Beatlesque influence(Without being too much of a ripoff band.)
Also, Jet has a much more acceptible vocalist than that of Liam Gallagher, who people consider to be such a great rock vocalist. Yeah, right. Noel Gallagher does better at vocals than Liam. Liam certainly has the attitude, but it's like a child without the ability to talk trying to say something. Let's not forget Ian Brown of the Stone Roses, the absolutely awful Damon Albarn, and a majority of other Britpop vocalists. Richard Ashcroft is good. Chris Martin of Coldplay's good. I guess I'm just a purist of the vintage sound.

Nic Cester and Chris Cester are the new Liam and Noel Gallagher, in my opinion.
Imagine Jet and Oasis collaborating. That would be an instant hit. I know they've toured together and if Jet and Oasis worked together, one could probably swear that Beatlemania would be resurrected.
I was bored today so I pulled out "Get Born" that I bought when it first came out. I remembered what a great cd it is.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by tasmo
australian ROCK: jet, wolfmother, ac dc, living end, cold chisel, grinspoon, silvercahir (besides new stuff which isn't very 'rock'), THE VINES.

british rock: ?

i'm also austrlian / bias though...

beatles, rolling stones, jethro tull, LED ZEPPELIN!?!?, PINK FLOYD!?!?, QUEEN!?!? *sigh*

jet is probably my favorite band that formed after 2000. they ****in rock, man. my favorite song by them, you ask? probably rip it up or stand up. they just have that certain feel to them that really gets me pumped!
If man is 5, if man is 5, if man is 5,
then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, the Devil is 6,
And if the Devil is 6,

then God is 7, then God is 7, then God is 7
This monkey's gone to heaven.
Of course, they play good music that should be played more often, on the radio. It's AOR(Album oriented rock.) It's great stuff. If I were the talkshow host of a radio, I'd always have a Jet song in my indie rock hour, even classic rock hour!