*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Last edited by element4433 at Nov 28, 2007,
I'm not supporting any of the republicans, for sure.

Guliani- seems like an okay guy, just not presidently material
Ron Paul- His ideas are great at first, then you really think about them and they start to seem dumber and dumber.
Romney- overconfident, pompous, condescending asshat.
Huckabee- seems okay (and has a beastly version of his band doing Free Bird on Youtube), but like Guliani, not president material.
Tancredo- We get it. You dislike illegals. Now stop thinking we'll elect you.
McCain- Experienced, a good leader, but too conservative for my tastes.
huckabee seemed like a good guy tonight. ron paul did ok.

edit: i'm actually supporting edwards for president. if he doesn't get the nomination, i'll probably vote for the green party or something. maybe the reform party if they get a candidate on our ballot.
#DTWD
I don't support any Republican canidates, I'm an Obama man.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Quote by RHCP94
Hellz yeah
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by RHCP94

Every Republican Canidate minus McCAin > Obama
Quote by Captain Insano

wait... you're saying that Tancredo is superior to Obama?

You lose 20 points.
Quote by Captain Insano

Obama>all canidates
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by garden of grey

I do think his economic views could be a bit extreme to some people, but his ideas on social issues are pure genius IMO.

economic ideas are really the core of an ideaology though. i definitely put economics before social issues.
#DTWD
Quote by garden of grey
Elaborate.

I do think his economic views could be a bit extreme to some people, but his ideas on social issues are pure genius IMO.

okay. Did you hear him tonight? "Our country is at risk of being assimilated by other nations" (okay, I paraphrased that) Seriously?

plus, getting rid of the IRS, Social Security, and pretty much everything else that he thinks is unnecessary is the first step toward totalitarianism.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
okay. Did you hear him tonight? "Our country is at risk of being assimilated by other nations" (okay, I paraphrased that) Seriously?

plus, getting rid of the IRS, Social Security, and pretty much everything else that he thinks is unnecessary is the first step toward totalitarianism.

to be fair, things like the IRS and social security are steps TOWARD totalitarianism.
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan
to be fair, things like the IRS and social security are steps TOWARD totalitarianism.

I disagree with you there, but having an ultra- small government like he wants would make us much more suceptible to having a government takeover, whether it be military or political.
Quote by primusfan

The only things I don't like about Ron Paul are his beliefs in the "NAFTA superhighway" and "North American Union" conspiracies and his general extreme nationalism.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
I disagree with you there, but having an ultra- small government like he wants would make us much more suceptible to having a government takeover, whether it be military or political.

i don't think you're seeing the big picture. having a huge government like we have now ... that is already totalitarianism. it's already susceptible to becoming bigger and more oppressive because that's what's happening. he wants to revert back to a very small federal government. i don't see where you're getting at.
#DTWD
Out of the Republicans, Ron Paul is definitely my favorite.
Quote by element4433
Obama>all canidates

Kucinich > Obama
Quote by primusfan
i don't think you're seeing the big picture. having a huge government like we have now ... that is already totalitarianism. it's already susceptible to becoming bigger and more oppressive because that's what's happening. he wants to revert back to a very small federal government. i don't see where you're getting at.

Is it getting bigger? Yes. More opressive? no. Our government is less controlling now than it was back in the 1920's during prohibition. In the 40's when we put every Japanese- american in internment camps. We no longer have a draft, we have universal suffrage, we have (less) corrupption, we're less totalitarian today than we have been for a while.
Quote by Mind Riot
Out of the Republicans, Ron Paul is definitely my favorite.

Kucinich > Obama
Kuncinich is wasting his time and everyone else's. He's fun though and I like alot of what he says.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by Wayward_Son

The only things I don't like about Ron Paul are his beliefs in the "NAFTA superhighway" and "North American Union" conspiracies and his general extreme nationalism.

I couldn't possibly aree with you more,and although Ron Pauls's economic changes are extreme with a little bit of time they would turn into an economy that won't crash around us like the one we currently poesess. so RON PAUL FTW
Ron Paul's social ideals involve too much isolationaism and regression back toward ideas, aside from the hard-core constitutional idealogies, that have already failed. His economic policies will further the rich-poor gap and will minimize the possibility to implement social programs that we need.

Tancredo...Romney- this isn't 1950.

McCain and Giuliani- politics are flashy and too business-deal like. They seem great, but I don't think the return would be up to par. If I have to look at it as though I'm investing in a new president, I'd like to get what I vote for. Sure, no one's perfect, but tedious fine print turns people off.

On the other side- John Edwards, stop focusing on one everyone else's negative's. You've got too many positives for that. Have some confidence in yourself...it'll pay off.

Hillary- we're trying to vote for you, not your husband. You're not playing the "Bill Card" that much, but we know it's out there. You're being attacked, and it makes you sound defensive. To quote Super Troopers, "desperation is a stinky cologne".

Obama- peaked too soon. He won't get the nomination.
I really hope McCain doesn't get the Republican nomination. I'm afraid his Vietnam horrors will lead to him being very paranoid of non-Democratic governments, and I dislike the way he is spinning the Iraq War. He's playing the Veteren Card, going around to VFW Halls and saying that when you disapprove of what the soldiers are fighting for, you dissrespect what they are doing.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Is it getting bigger? Yes. More opressive? no. Our government is less controlling now than it was back in the 1920's during prohibition. In the 40's when we put every Japanese- american in internment camps. We no longer have a draft, we have universal suffrage, we have (less) corrupption, we're less totalitarian today than we have been for a while.

are you kidding me? then why do i still have to register for the draft? regardless of whether or not it is active. and why are our troops stationed in foreign countries all over the place? why is there a PATRIOT act? why is there torture? why does the federal government keep expanding its role in our lives?
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan
why does the federal government keep expanding its role in our lives?

A large government for a large populationinherently ineffective. A large government with a smaller population is much more feasible. However, industrial-tech societies are doomed to fail it's population eventually. Personally, I don't think anything other than agrarian/pastoral societies are efficient. Whatever happened to self-sufficient villages?

oh wait...discovery of the New World, imperialism, colonization, and genocide. I forgot.
My Grades...

Guliani-B, a few stumbles, a few good points, it shouldn't lose him any ground of his lead.

Romney-D, Stumbled and sturred on most questions, completely dodged others, and attacked Huckabee poorly. Came of as pompous and prentious with his head up his ass, which is probably how he really is.

McCain-B, Did well on most points (eg waterboarding), but seemed somewhat naive about Iraq, preventing him from getting an A

Huckabee-B+, came off as likable, beat Romney in his lone scrap.

Tancredo-C, failed to come off impressively on big issues, specifically lack of foreign policy elaboration.

Hunter-C+, Made his points, backed them up, but nobody cares. at all.

Thompson-D+, Didn't work with much, attack ad done poorly and easily rebutted by Romney and Huckabee. IN addition, overturning Roe v. Wade is the most important issue in this country? Find a brain.

Paul-C +, didn't have the opportunity to go 1v1 where he normally shines, except against McCain on foreign policy, where McCain (being the most war-experienced candidate), was able to successfully counter.
Ron Paul's social idea's are non-interventionism, not isolationism as the dumbstruck McCain stuttered over. He says the message from the troops is to let us win? Why is it that Ron Paul's campaign donations (which has surpassed all other republican canidates, including Guiliani from just grass roots alone) is the highest from ACTIVE military members? Why is it that nearly all the people I talk to in the military and reserves support him, and want us to come home? We need to leave the country lead it's own life, we wouldn't like it if they came over here and tried to tell us how to live our lives and what is right and what is wrong. Who's to say we should bother them? It's a group of people that did it, not the whole countries people. Keep our noses not so much out of their businesses, but be peaceful. Trade, talk, travel, be merry, just leave them live how they want to live. Respect it. Don't kill them and take their oil.

Guiliani is an asshat and is no longer a serious canidate. People lost it all when news broke about his adulterous trysts in the Hamptons with the tax payers money, and having his bimbo's use the NY police as a personal taxi service. He fumbles way to much, switches points to woo the crowd, which clearly is no longer working. His support continues to drop, and the amount of boo's he recieved at the debate is showing that.

Romney's campaign is getting nailed for "rigging" straw polls in Florida and elsewhere. People pay 20 dollars to get a card to vote, are supposed to vote one time, and that's it. His people were buying multiple cards and voting multiple times with his money. There were considerabley more Ron Paul supporters at the polls who voted once, and were pissed when they saw people voting multiple times. Ron Paul should have won the poll.

The newest straw poll came in from Virginia and Ron Paul won it with 38% of the votes. Fred Thompson came in second and Huckabee third.

Thompson is an actor merely wooing his wife running in the nomination race, he's not president material. He may act like one on TV, but this is real life and he just doesn't have what it takes.

McCain has some insight, but relies on "I was there" too much. We lost Vietnam and shouldn't have been there in the first place, the people should run the government, not the other way around. He's too controlling and bullheaded in things. Too conservative. Although I will give him the credit in knowing torture and the waterboarding subject. But after so many active years, he should know about it. I'm sure his past isn't quite clean, I mean things we don't know about.

Our government is too big and too oppressive. If you think about how many consitutional freedoms we have lost since our forefathers founded this country you would realize that. We are too corrupt and in debt out our ass.

Ron Paul CAN change this country, and WILL! Look at his record, unblemished, his stances...he stands his ground. This country would be better if we had more people like him. Dr. Ron Paul is a true change and we need it now.

It happened in the 60's, it can happen now. People need to vote.

Someone can walk away with murder but if I get busted with pot I go to jail for a long time? That's not right or fair. Someone wants to smoke a doobie, let them. It's a hell of a lot safer than alcohol or tobacco.

Federal programs are nothing but a waste. "More people are afraid of getting an audit than are afraid of getting mugged and there's a reason for that!" directly from HUCKABEE! Even he wants to get rid of the IRS. The war on drugs is a complete waste. The department of education is a waste, hell even REAGAN wanted to get rid of it. The federal reserve is worthless. The american dollar keeps sinking in value, we need it restored. Cut it!

Ron Paul is the only true worthy canidate is the race, democrat or republican. His support is incredible. I don't want more taxes, I want better life for future generations, I want small government, to not support Ron Paul could be considered being a non-american.

A true conservative among a group of neo-conservatives. He's what can bring us back to having our constitutional rights. He's what a republican was in Jeffersons time. Some say the Thomas Jefferson of our time.

To quote Ron Paul from the debate "They said we came to Washington to change the government, and the government changed us...let me tell you, Washington NEVER changed me." He's 100% true, standing tall.

If you looked at cnn.com, their poll asking who won the debate...Ron Paul with atleast 50% of the votes on all except who did the worst. I believe Guiliani got that award.

But don't believe me, please search for yourself. www.ronpaul2008.com
Singer/Songwriter and Guitarist.
Last edited by Clapton101 at Dec 2, 2007,
I turn 18 on feb 13th and as of now Ron Paul I am going to register as a Republican so i can vote for Ron Paul in the primaries
"In the end they will know we have rocked" (Zander lee)

"Nick Grundy have a wonderful afterlife"

Quote by Izz
Get a hooker AND listen to your own music?

Quote by jake911
The pit could get more done in a hour than the police could in a week.
Quote by bckinblu
I turn 18 on feb 13th and as of now Ron Paul I am going to register as a Republican so i can vote for Ron Paul in the primaries

Glad to hear it, but which state are you in? A lot of the big primaries are done by then, but everything is worth while man. Join the R3VOLUTION!
Singer/Songwriter and Guitarist.
Delaware Joe Biden is from our state he is a ****ing idiot and the primaries are ok oh well I hope he wins then I met Biden once on a thing i won I had dinner with him and I was like my name is blah blah and he made **** up we talked politcs and then music i was talking about the Red Hot Chille Peppers he was like ok so you like to eat chille then he said he met there former guitarist Hillel Slovak two years ago that was last year. He is ****ing dead you idiot i just smiled and nodded.
"In the end they will know we have rocked" (Zander lee)

"Nick Grundy have a wonderful afterlife"

Quote by Izz
Get a hooker AND listen to your own music?

Quote by jake911
The pit could get more done in a hour than the police could in a week.
Last edited by bckinblu at Dec 2, 2007,
Every misconception you have about Dr. Ron paul can be cleared up through research. I have spent over 4 months researching this guy and can't dig up anything that discredits him. He has my vote.
Yea Ron Paul is a solid guy, he has too many misconceptions about him because he hasn't been labeled a mainstream candidate. Even in the last couple of weeks he is getting more publicity because more people are becoming exposed to him which intern gets him more votes. Hopefully the Republicans will consider him. And as the democrats go, Obama.