A friend broke a string on my guitar recently and after restringing with some light jammers it has a terrible buzz to it that I can't fix...any ideas? Thicker strings maybe? Never had this problem before...
Does the buzz occur on only one string or more than one? When the string is played open or when it is fretted or both?
Try to pinpoint where the buzz is coming from and then post back :-)
Quote by dehrfyjyhjyhk
great,=

Reported. You just don't really get it do you? If you want to be clever in your advertising, don't post 'great' in 17 threads, idiot.

The reason you HAVE to keep advertising, as you are probably starting to realise, is that everyone on the site is far far far too intelligent to buy anything from scum like yourself.

Fuck off
Last edited by ClaptonWannabe at Nov 29, 2007,
Mainly the low E and the D strings but all of them really. I think maybe the original strings were thicker. These are light strings...not to mention they're 6$ Jammers from wal-mart. What do you think? Thanks
Changing to a lighter gauge strings is a possible culprit especially if it was a considerable drop.
If that is the problem id expect that the buzzing is worse when you strum or pick aggressively and not as bad when you strum or pick softly. Is this the case with your guitar?
Buzzing is much worse when I strum aggressively. Hardly buzzes when I play real soft. It makes me sick! I'll try some heavier gauge strings when I get a chance. Feels like I haven't played in FOREVER! Appreciate all the help.
Well, either you need a neck adjustment or for some reason the nut on the guitar is too low. Aside from getting a new nut, you could just stick a LITTLE bit of paper under the nut of the guitar. This helps buzzing a lot. You just have to raise up the nut like a millemeter
Michael Ferris
ferrisguitar.com
Quote by OkiePlayer
Buzzing is much worse when I strum aggressively. Hardly buzzes when I play real soft. It makes me sick! I'll try some heavier gauge strings when I get a chance. Feels like I haven't played in FOREVER! Appreciate all the help.

No prob. Let us know how it goes :-)
I finally figured out the problem over break. It was my tuner all along. I have a cheap $25 quicktune. A relatively large black tuner. I had a friend tune it for me and it sounds 100% better. Except for the cheap jammer brand strings I bought that is. Anyone have any strings they would recommend for acoustic? I heard martin flatwounds were really good? I appreciate all the help.
Martin flatwounds are good but if your bending they dont last long, I wore a set out last night, yeah thats right , i put them on yesterday morning (replacing a set of the same less than a week old) & played the ass off my Maton for like 4 hrs, & the 'G' string was gone , it had completely worn through the outer winding at the 2nd fret. They also made my fingers really dirty. But they sound really sweet. Ive just re strung it again with the flatwounds 'cause i really like the vibrant sound.

edit : I recently bought a Cort E202 digital tuner (i have like 7 tuners now) & i have found it really easy to use & it does let you tune in low or no light. $23 AUD i think
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub
PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
PM Keef_is_King
to join!
Last edited by Dix_Fix at Jan 18, 2008,
Anyone have any strings they would recommend for acoustic?
Also does anyone recommend a good tuner for under $40?

For strings, Elixirs and D'Addario EXP's are head and shoulders above the rest. Thats just my opinion though.
I own a Rebel KT-50 Chromatic tuner and have never had any problems with it. It was $30 (Aus) from memory.

Mind if i ask why you need 7 tuners Dix_Fix?
yeah tom183 it is a case of g.a.s. i own 3 x g7th capos for god's sake Just bought a new one for my classical.

Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub
PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
PM Keef_is_King
to join!