I know that some pro musicians have two amp setups onstage, on for clean and one for dirty. I just figured out how to hook up my Kustom amp to my Marshall.

As I've said before, I have an MG50 (yes, yes, I know...) and as you all know, the cleans on it are sh**. I have the distortion set to where it actually sounds pretty good (my MG has a quote "tube emulation" switch, so it doesn't sound half-bad). The Kustom is an acoustic amp, and surprise! The cleans kick the living hell out of the MG. So, I was wondering....

Would it be safe to use the acoustic amp for my clean channel? I've played the Strat through it for a while and no problems have presented themselves. But, this is only at lowish volumes.

Do you think it could handle the different pickups? (I don't know if this matters or not, but both speakers are 8ohm impedence).

Thanks in advance.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
well musicians use it for different tones. I prefer british crunch and american cleans, its hard ot get that in one amp. so pair a Plexi with a twin and there you go. run an ABY switch for changing amps and your set.
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Quote by ssguitar
well musicians use it for different tones. I prefer british crunch and american cleans, its hard ot get that in one amp. so pair a Plexi with a twin and there you go. run an ABY switch for changing amps and your set.

The roadking and Mark Iv do that amazingly well. they can have BOTH 6L6's and EL34's at the same time, with a bias switch to accomodate.

The Randall MTS series does a decent approximation of both tones with their modules.

But other than that most amps are stuck with one side. Although I have heard midrangey crunchy 6L6 amps and vice versa. Type of tubes don't necessarily mean british or american voicings.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
No, I'm just asking whether the Kustom, which is an acoustic amp, can handle the added power of an electric's pickups at high volumes. Thanks for the given responses, though. I'll have to check those amps out as well.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--