Hey All

Ok, well i've been recording for a while now. I use Behringer Mic's (normally I double them up and record single track, as in 2 microphones per instrument, one instrument at a time) and only now has my vocal recordings real been importnat (demoing for a new band).

Now, I record all the instruments, I really like the sound I get from them, but there's something lacking in the Vocal parts for it, it's not so much the sound, but the way it fits into the song.

http://auals-god-destac.dmusic.com

on there you can listen to Sell Out Boy it has an instrumental version and a proper version so if you listen to both, I would love to know what you think would help (I am singing for the band so please leave whether you like my voice or not out of it) and I use Adobe Audition.

The main thing I was wondering is if I run my vocals through an amp, and then a mixer, instead of straight into the mixer get a better sound from what I've got? I think that it's possible those vocals were recorded straight into my computer (I cna't remember) so yes, any help would be appreciated.
It just feels as if the vocals don't slot into the song properly, everyone's help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
it sounds like ur singing too close to the microphone... u sound like ur singing out of ur nose, try to remove the nasal sound. the harmonies in the song are way way off time too buddy... i'd redo those to be more in sync with it. the mixing needs some work too, but im assuming its a draft version of the song for us to hear.

i'd recommend u just hook up ur mic directly to the mixing desk. no point in amping it up, its kinda a pointless section if u were wanting to do that.

your sense of pitch is alright. nothing great but practicing your scales and exercises can help in that department.

p.s
i didnt mean to sound like im picking on u, thats just my critiquing. i'd give u some positive feed back but in all honesty i cant quite find anything that stands out.
That's cool man, thanks.

And it's just me demoing, just so that I have something to show the guys before we start working on it. And thank you.
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
The vocals need some EQ at 3kHz to bring them right forward in the mix. The backing vocals need a cut around 250Hz.

The guitar bursts that you have are quite harsh, and stop too suddenly, which is jarring.

The drums are stupidly quiet.

It's really just a level and playing issue, which is making an unpleasant mix.

The only other comment I have is that you need to work on your timing.