Page 1 of 2
OK, i've been planning this build for a while. Finally got the wood today, I got the wood from a timber place and it arrive in a very rough condition. So I gota plane it and sand it down, getting the plane bit for the router this weekend.

So I decided to cut the body out, but I only had time to do the right wing. I'll proceed onto the left wing tomorow.

I'll be updating slowly over the next few weeks/months.

template on paper

template on mdf, ye i ****ed it up but no biggie.

right wing cut out

dats about it, enjoy.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Last edited by macaroni at Nov 29, 2007,
Nice body.
Somehow reminds me of the aliens from Aliens
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
lol, its a cross between a jackson king v and a dean razorback v.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
BTW, whats the circular cavity for?
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
bolt on, im guessing u think its a neck thru is cos i cut the wings separately? well the reason for that is i got taught by a luthier that if i'm making a v, its better for the outer edge to follow the grain to avoid chipping.

ye im making the neck. gona take this nice and steady as its my first build, dotn wanna screw up.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
a little update, just cut out the other wing. left wing is almost done, just need final sanding and shaping, right one needs planing then the final sanding and shaping.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
How are you going to glue these two wings together? Wouldn't that be a bitch to clamp?
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
looks sweet

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by macaroni

right wing cut out

very good comerade, our world-takeover is nearly complete!
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Quote by Punk_Ninja
That's going to be awesome!

I agree.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

looks very nice.
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
Quote by MichaelSpeer
you can also use the wood that u cut it out of that i imagine started off square to make a better surface to clamp together
am i making any sense?

mike

oh u mean like the original chunk of wood? that might work but i've sanded the sides down on the wings but havent sanded the chunks of wood remaining so it wont be as stable, whereas if i use small wedges on the sides i only need to sand the small surface of the wedges, then glue it on temporarily.

sorry if i've confused u
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
ok its been a while since i've updated.
i've thickness planed the body halves and the maple for the neck, filled mistakes with wood putty and cut the scarf joint for the neck.

need further sanding until i can glue the body together.

Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Thought I recognized the shape. Having semi-recently swapped the ones on my Cort for Sperzels, I recommend them wholeheartedly.

Are you gonna bevel the edges or something?
ye i've heard good things about sperzel and decided to try them out.

yep gona bevel it. still deciding between black bevel with white body and black bevel and red body for paintjob.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
I say black on red... And you probably already know it, but be extremely cautious when you get around to doing them. There are some right corners on theat body that'll be quite difficult to bevel properly.

What about the headstock? I think matching red with a black outline of sorts (binding or bevel, for instance) would look smokin'.
ye i'm gona bevel the headstock too, something like a dean razorback setup, bevelled body with matching headstock.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
the sides of the jig for the scarf joint.

the body glued together
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
another update,
the body glued

the jig glued together
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
hmmm man... I like how this is going, but I'm wondering why you need a jig for the scarf joint, and also, you seem to be using WAY to much glue.
ye i squeezed too much lol.

the jig's for the router to run on cos i dont hav a plane
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
hmmm that might work but id advise to get a plane. it might be hard to get a surface suitable for gluing with just a router, and sanding. if you end up going that route id advise you use screws on the bottom of that countersunk into the board to give extra strength just in case your glue up wasn't strong enough on the jig. a router falling off of rails could be disastrous. EVERY router jig I've ever made has been nailed or screwed together to ensure that nothing would go wrong.

also i suggest that you make a large sanding block that can go on those rails and smooth down the surface to a suitable surface to be glued. and make sure you get ALL of the dust off of the surface before you glue.
Bernie Rico Jr. Vixen body meets razorback HS

i take it you veto'd the side notches?
Shamray Custom V
Jackson USA KV2 Korina
Charvel Model 1
Dean Custom-450
ENGL Powerball head
ENGL Blackmore head
Last edited by the mailman at Dec 17, 2007,
ye after the glue dries i'm gona nail it (LOL)

um mailman wat u mean veto'd the side notches?
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by macaroni
um mailman wat u mean veto'd the side notches?

My guess is that he's talking about the notches in the side...

In the blueprint it has wood gouged out of the side; the actual sawed body doesn't.
oh the bevels? i'll do them later when i've sanded the sides down.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
No, not the bevels. These. They're on the blueprint and the template and drawn onto one of the body wings.
update!

scarfjoint finished off with router on rails and the jig

scarf joint glued

router on rails

face on wood, freaks me out
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Looks great so far.. Reminds me of a less extreme version of the Bernie Rico Jr. Guitars.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Page 1 of 2