Hello all I play guitar and I am looking for some advice, I don’t know what to try to play next. I know the “basics” such as bar chords and a few scales but the “fastest/heaviest” stuff I can play is the classic Slipknot (what are they up to at the mo anyway), I can play slayer (omly one or two songs) but want to improve and play stuff like Arch enemy but just cant play fast enough for that yet, can anyone suggest a band? or is it a case of keep practicing Arch enemy songs?

Thanks for any feed back in advance \m/
pretty sure wrong forum
btw dont mention skipknot etc unless you have a flame shield
nyrkki
Founder of UG's COB Hatecrew
haha ditto ^
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
i went with early megadeth and iced earth. brutal riffs that are easy to play.
thrash till death
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. sig this if you like bagels.
I wish I could find some other musicians who play metal music like I do, instead that crap you hear on radio.
Dave Mustaine for president.
DECAPITATED

R.I.P Vitek
Quote by SinisterX
I wish I could find some other musicians who play metal music like I do, instead that crap you hear on radio.

most of my music isn't heard on the radio.. except now and then you'll catch a master of puppets or somethin. but that's why I have an mp3 player
thrash till death
Quote by Rad_Sauce, yo
most of my music isn't heard on the radio.. except now and then you'll catch a master of puppets or somethin. but that's why I have an mp3 player

Sweet I just want to start a metal band near where I live I know because most bands around me are crap, trust me I know what's metal and what isn't.
DECAPITATED

R.I.P Vitek
Quote by SinisterX
Sweet I just want to start a metal band near where I live I know because most bands around me are crap, trust me I know what's metal and what isn't.

thank god i live near the bay area
thrash till death
Quote by Rad_Sauce, yo
thank god i live near the bay area

Lol I wish I lived near you, I hate living in the middle of nowhere, where everyone doesn't know crap for REAL music. I tried getting my friends to listen to bands I really like but it's useless I'm practically by myself trying to make my own epic badass headbangable metal songs to thrash to.
DECAPITATED

R.I.P Vitek
that sucks man lol well i'm a metal chick so i know what it feels like to be in a minority heh
thrash till death
Quote by Rad_Sauce, yo
i went with early megadeth and iced earth. brutal riffs that are easy to play.
Iced Earth are great, and a good band to get into for anyone beginning to play metal.

also, Mustaine is a fag.