Page 1 of 2
Is it just me are are christians full of **** capitalists? Love thy neighbor... crusades, genocide, and slaughter. Though shalt not steal... manifest destiny. Rock is the devils music... christian rock. Wow what won't these people think of next to be the utmost in hypocracy?
I'm a Christian, but that doesn't stop me loving metal.

You're looking at the extreme end of the stick instead of the normal one.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Last edited by Metal_Rich at Nov 29, 2007,
You are looking at extremist Christians. Most of the stuff they say they just make up, it says nothing like that in the Bible. Normal Christians, like myself, aren't like that. I can't stand people who are like that.
Quote by Masonpwiley
You are looking at extremist Christians. Most of the stuff they say they just make up, it says nothing like that in the Bible. Normal Christians, like myself, aren't like that. I can't stand people who are like that.

True Statement
Quote by arowana1027
My wife plays my guitars fine, but my girlfriend has smaller hands, and she wants to learn how to play.
Quote by Dr.Jimmy
I'm saying what the church supports not individual thought just to clarify

what church? Theres quite a few...

way to stereotype mate...
I've got something in my front pocket for you.
Why don't you reach down in my pocket and see what it is?
Then grab onto it, it's just for you.
Give a little squeeze and say: "How do you do?"
Any church has flaws. I am a Buddhist (at least I belong to a Buddhist Sangha). Did you know that many Zen Buddhists supported Emperor Hirohito during WWII?

Also, Nichiren, the father of Japanese Buddhism, once told his followers that the floods and earthquakes they were experiencing were brought about by a lack of faith?

Who does that sound like?

Nobody's perfect, my friend.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

It sure beats hindu rock though.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Wow. This was an utter load of exageration. Don't comdemn Christianity because of a minority within Christianity which is like this. I don't see why UG can't be more open to Christianity. Its almost as if they are that insecure about their beliefs that they have to persecute anyone else who has different beliefs. I don't feel a need to insult aetheism or agnostic people.
Quote by Dr.Jimmy
I'm saying what the church supports not individual thought just to clarify

Just to make constructive discussion here:

It seems as if the views of the "church" are not truly of the entire christian denomination. It seems to me that your views are coming from a more conservative denomination such as Southern Baptists. I have attended Southern Baptist churches for most of my life. However, I did go to a Church of God for considerable amount of time (2-3 years) The SB's do seem to be more hypocritical than the CoG's. The CoG actually played rock, live band, during church services. No it wasn't metal, but it was rock. The SB's only play music out of the Southern Baptist Hymnal. These are just my personal experiences.

EDIT: Just so you know, I listen to Behemoth, Lamb of God, etc. And I'm a christian.
Quote by arowana1027
My wife plays my guitars fine, but my girlfriend has smaller hands, and she wants to learn how to play.
Last edited by teachmyself at Nov 29, 2007,
Ask supafreek
Quote by Douche ©
I may not be cool off the internet, but on the internet I am pretty cool.

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

If not all of us, at least him.

<//////>~
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
Any church has flaws. I am a Buddhist (at least I belong to a Buddhist Sangha). Did you know that many Zen Buddhists supported Emperor Hirohito during WWII?

Also, Nichiren, the father of Japanese Buddhism, once told his followers that the floods and earthquakes they were experiencing were brought about by a lack of faith?

Who does that sound like?

Nobody's perfect, my friend.

I know I'm Buddhist too and we have had our mess ups
First of all, Rock is not devils music, and it wasn't the "Christian Church" that supported that movement it was individuals, and the a FEW churches got involved after. Secondly, any war may it be a religious crusade or just a nation looking to conquer others, should be well founded. I would go to war today to defend my freedom as a human being, and I would die today to defend my religious beleifs. Hyopcracy is not on a church level, it is on an individual level.

And yes, the christian church is FULL of hypocracy by the individuals who lead it. That is the individual tho, that does not account for the church, just the individual.

Also, its not capitalism, most the christian rock bands you see out, are former worship leaders or just individuals who wanted to write music to worship their God, and it was heard, people liked it, and now they are famous... the same way ANYONE gets famous, people heard them.

Most true christians don't speak of hatred or conquest. They are more focused on loving each other, being a part of the community, witnessing to non-believers to tell them what they have found through Jesus Christ.

Hopefully this gave some insight.
GEAR:
67' Gibson ES-335(Cherry)
Oscar Schmidt Delta King
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
PEDALBOARD:
TC Electronic Polytune
Fulltone GT-500
Vox Wah
Ernie Ball volume
Sparkle Drive (clean boost)
Boss DD-20
Quote by denizenz
I don't think you're in any position to speak for...anyone let alone the church. Way to sound ignorant.

When Urban said "we need to take back the holy land through force" the church pretty much spoke for itself.
I do think it's a bit presumptuous for a band to bill themselves as (religion X). Does being a Buddhist mean I write Buddhist rock?!

No.

If I did I would neither be a Buddhist or a musician, I would be a tool.

I write what I feel, and sure my beliefs come out in my music, but that's just subconscious. Take Bob Marley. At times he is almost militant, at others his music could be played in Christian church as a hymn. It all depends.

Was Bob Rasta Rock? NO.

Bob was Bob.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

there was this conversation a few days ago...and it seems that a lot of the same ppl are showiing the same views...are any of you on some sort of mission to preach to the pit?

causes thats really irritating
Quote by EBGuitar
First of all, Rock is not devils music, and it wasn't the "Christian Church" that supported that movement it was individuals, and the a FEW churches got involved after. Secondly, any war may it be a religious crusade or just a nation looking to conquer others, should be well founded. I would go to war today to defend my freedom as a human being, and I would die today to defend my religious beleifs. Hyopcracy is not on a church level, it is on an individual level.

And yes, the christian church is FULL of hypocracy by the individuals who lead it. That is the individual tho, that does not account for the church, just the individual.

Also, its not capitalism, most the christian rock bands you see out, are former worship leaders or just individuals who wanted to write music to worship their God, and it was heard, people liked it, and now they are famous... the same way ANYONE gets famous, people heard them.

Most true christians don't speak of hatred or conquest. They are more focused on loving each other, being a part of the community, witnessing to non-believers to tell them what they have found through Jesus Christ.

Hopefully this gave some insight.

If christians are so focused on loving each other how come many support the war in Iraq and don't give that support our troops BS
Quote by Dr.Jimmy
I know I'm Buddhist too and we have had our mess ups

People are fallible. The crusades had nothing to do with Christianity...it was a front for a political battle.

The Christian doctrine in no way justifies the crusades, the inquisition, or the which trials of Salem Massachusetts, and for you to call every Christian musician or rock band a sell out is quite presumptuous.

Quote by Dr.Jimmy
If christians are so focused on loving each other how come many support the war in Iraq and don't give that support our troops BS

You're an idiot. The war in Iraq is about liberating a nation that has been ruled by a terrorist regime. Since when is granting innocent people freedom anything other than "loving thy neighbor"?
Last edited by denizenz at Nov 29, 2007,
Quote by denizenz
People are fallible. The crusades had nothing to do with Christianity...it was a front for a political battle.

The Christian doctrine in no way justifies the crusades, the inquisition, or the which trials of Salem Massachusetts, and for you to call every Christian musician or rock band a sell out is quite presumptuous.

You're an idiot. The war in Iraq is about liberating a nation that has been ruled by terrorist regime. Since when is granting innocent people freedom anything other than "loving thy neighbor"?

but people are accountable for their church and beliefs and the christian church just keeps reminding me of that little kid who does and says what he wants and nobody punishes him because he "doesn't know any better"
Quote by teachmyself
Just to make constructive discussion here:

It seems as if the views of the "church" are not truly of the entire christian denomination. It seems to me that your views are coming from a more conservative denomination such as Southern Baptists. I have attended Southern Baptist churches for most of my life. However, I did go to a Church of God for considerable amount of time (2-3 years) The SB's do seem to be more hypocritical than the CoG's. The CoG actually played rock, live band, during church services. No it wasn't metal, but it was rock. The SB's only play music out of the Southern Baptist Hymnal. These are just my personal experiences.

EDIT: Just so you know, I listen to Behemoth, Lamb of God, etc. And I'm a christian.

QFT, there are too many churches to say they are ALL that way.

To the TS: You are just looking for ways to make Christianity seem bad now.
Quote by Dr.Jimmy

I live in the "Bible Belt" of the United States. I haven't seen a Christian yet who still supports the war. They support the troops, but not the war, not even the President anymore.
Quote by arowana1027
Quote by denizenz

You're an idiot. The war in Iraq is about liberating a nation that has been ruled by a terrorist regime. Since when is granting innocent people freedom anything other than "loving thy neighbor"?

If you have to kill people to do it. Period.
Quote by Dr.Jimmy
but people are accountable for their church and beliefs and the christian church just keeps reminding me of that little kid who does and says what he wants and nobody punishes him because he "doesn't know any better"

WTF are you even talking about? The only entity that I'm accountable to is God. The "church" doesn't speak with the authority of God...neither does the pope.

What's more, supporting the war is supporting the troops...its the liberal brainwash that you've obviously bought into that says meaningless shit like, "I support the troops but not the war". There's your real hypocrisy...asshole.

Quote by Dr.Jimmy

Heh, you're right, we should just give the terrorists hugs. That'll teach em. Wake up hippy...the Bible and even civil law only outlaws murder...you know the definition of murder right?
Quote by Masonpwiley
QFT, there are too many churches to say they are ALL that way.

Did i say they were all like that? No, I said that the ones I have been to were like that.
Quote by arowana1027
Different sections of the church remind me of basketball teams, you all play the same game, you all entertain millions, and yet you just like to talk smack about each other for no real reason because you all play the same game.
Your just as bad as the other guy who did a thread on this subject

two sides to the same coin
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Quote by Dr.Jimmy

If you are in any way referring to Westboro Baptist Church or political leaders who claim to be Christian, please don't return to this thread again.
Quote by Dr.Jimmy

Funny, we had to kill people to end the holocaust.... was that evil or hypocritical?
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr
Quote by denizenz
WTF are you even talking about? The only entity that I'm accountable to is God. The "church" doesn't speak with the authority of God...neither does the pope.

What's more, supporting the war is supporting the troops...its the liberal brainwash that you've obviously bought into that says meaningless shit like, "I support the troops but not the war". There's your real hypocrisy...asshole.

Heh, you're right, we should just give the terrorists hugs. That'll teach em. Wake up hippy...the Bible outlaws murder...you know the definition of murder right?

but doesn't the pope speak with the authority of god or does the phrase "holy man on earth with closest connection to god" or "last night the pope spoke with god" not ring a bell. And if a "peaceful" religion supports ANYTHING about a war it's hypocracy.
Quote by Musicman48858
Funny, we had to kill people to end the holocaust.... was that evil or hypocritical?

Thread starter is a brainwashed, closed minded, and ignorant, waste.

Quote by Dr.Jimmy
but doesn't the pope speak with the authority of god or does the phrase "holy man on earth with closest connection to god" or "last night the pope spoke with god" not ring a bell. And if a "peaceful" religion supports ANYTHING about a war it's hypocracy.

No, the pope speaks with the authority of an old Catholic man. He certainly doesn't speak for every Christian doctrine...which includes me.

Since when is Christianity a peaceful religion? What does that even mean? You can be peaceful without being pacifistic. I surely wouldn't want to love and worship a God who was complacent about the evil doings on this Earth...like the ones that were transpiring in Iraq.
Last edited by denizenz at Nov 29, 2007,
Quote by Dr.Jimmy

not everybody is catholic.... not everybody believes in the pope's divinity...

you're making sweeping generalizations about whole groups of people...
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr
Page 1 of 2