Page 1 of 2
Ben Godden
298 IQ
I need an extremely epic song to play after an encore with my band, any suggestions, classic rock btw
My Gear:-
Epi Les Paul Custom
Yamaha YG Series
Boss ME20
Hartke Piggyback - is actually quite good!!
poufro
44 IQ
if you want something reallllly epic. check out the city by triumph. that song is the definition of epic
Bloody Headache
192 IQ
I'm not sure what you mean exactly by 'epic', but Motorhead's Overkill is an ideal concert closer as far as I'm concerned.
Black Star
UG Fanatic
376 IQ
Rush - 2112
Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb
BOC - Astronomy
Led Zeppelin - Achilles Last Stand
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
5,773 IQ
Quote by Black Star

Led Zeppelin - Achilles Last Stand

That would be quite a long encore, would be cool though
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Black Star
UG Fanatic
376 IQ
I was just recommending some epic songs. You can always shorten a Achilles Last Stand a little bit if it seems too long.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
dysonsphere
785 IQ
Go Into the Water - Dethklok, or The Final Countdown if you want to be really cheesy-like.
Varyag_Ace
UG´s Ace
221 IQ
try through the fire and flames - dragonforce...
haha just kiddin, try blurry - puddle of mud
that song always makes me feel good
Keep On Rockin´

Gear:
Ibanez GRG-270
Roland Cube30X
Zoom G2.1u
Black Star
UG Fanatic
376 IQ
For the 2 above me, he said Classic Rock. So Dethklok, Dragonforce, and Puddle of Mudd will not work.
Quote by MuffinMan
Wayward_Son
138 IQ
Knights of Cydonia would be pretty sweet and not to hard, but I'm not sure it would fit your genre. Maybe some Zepplin. Immigrant Song is kinda epic, but it's too fast and short to end with.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
jeric0
I like guitars
43 IQ
cross roads, sunshine of your love, the fire - hendrix
Keegan560
36 IQ
FREEBIRD!!!! or Stairway those are about the only two choices, or mabe sunshine of your love but you gotta really lengthen the solo.
You may have a 10 x 10 stack of marshalls and i may only have one, but mine goes to 11.... Beat that
Wulver
Nothing is Real
2,800 IQ
Quote by Wayward_Son
Knights of Cydonia would be pretty sweet and not to hard, but I'm not sure it would fit your genre. Maybe some Zepplin. Immigrant Song is kinda epic, but it's too fast and short to end with.

To comment on this, Page would solo after the verses for at least another minute. Follow that format and extend it by another three or four minutes, with some dueling guitars or something, it could work.

But, my thoughts, uh.....

Oh, hell, it just came to mind. A Saucerful of Secrets, Pink Floyd. Look on YouTube for the Live at Pompeii version. You can't get much more epic than that.
SigzLV
21 IQ
Welcome home is awesome. Achilles last stand would be pretty good too, or stairway to heaven :P
Keegan560
36 IQ
Child in Time by deep purple. If you don't have a organ get the guitar to play it. You need a pretty high voice, or really tight pants to sing that high though.
You may have a 10 x 10 stack of marshalls and i may only have one, but mine goes to 11.... Beat that
tehREALcaptain
802 IQ
welcome home or in keeping secrets of the silent earth by coheed and cambria.
knights of cydonia by muse is also very epic.
Um seven nation army by the white stripes or a who-esque version of young man blues is also really cool.
If you dont mind going a bit softer id always imagined hallelujah (jeff buckley or rufus wreignrieghts sp? version) or sons and daughters by the decemberists as good encore/closing songs.
fretmaster91
FenderFretMaster
68 IQ
It might be cliche, but you could do We Are The Champions - Queen
Or maybe Hotel California.
(I played it as a closer and the last solo is the epitome of epic)
Founder of the "Make Your Own Freakin' Setlist Club"
z4twenny
UG's resident Psychopath
936 IQ
how has no one suggested inna gadda divita? complete with organ parts
Lydian_Mode
Perfect SAT Score
468 IQ
shine on you crazy diamond, both parts
Mr. Allan wrote:
This is like saying you're not allowed to jerk off over the girl next door unless you have a license and written permission from her. Which, of course, is bullsh*t
doctorcheeze200
1,846 IQ
eye of the tiger
Fender MIA Standard Strat
ESP LTD Viper 407
Epiphone SG
Starcaster by Fender(modded with Bill Lawrence l-500-xl)
PEAVEY 6505+ (FJA transistor modd)
Peavey 65 watt transtube studio-112
Marshall 1960AV
Vader 2x12
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 band EQ
Baba O'Riley
23 IQ
Before we start recommending songs....

What instruments are in your band? What is everyone's skill level?
WARNING:This post contains explicit portrayals of violence; sex; violent sex; sexual violence; clowns and violent scenes of violent excess, which are definitely not suitable for all audiences.
mydogpoops
2,299 IQ
November Rain or Civil War by Gn'R.
Quote by darkstar2466
Bigfoot.... The Abominable Snowman.... Chinese Democracy.... all stories, nothing more.

JMDavis07
Certifiable Ashdown *****
416 IQ
My band plays Hey Joe by Jimi Hendrix in jam form, we play the entire song but then speed it up around the end. The drums speed up and we really get into it Crossroads style.

If you didn't catch that... you fail.
Missingno476
Ecclecticist
331 IQ
If you've got an organ or a really sweet guitarist who can pull off a convincing organ imitation, how about Foreplay/Long Time by Boston? War Pigs is always good, too. And pretty much any of Zeppelin's slower stuff (i.e. Dazed and Confused, Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, etc.) can be turned into a giant epic jam with lots of dynamics.
Dunlop Straps™
The best sounding straps on the market

Quote by steven seagull
Justice is this, justice is that...justice is 9 minutes long and recorded in a cupboard full of fluffy pillows
Rykr
122 IQ
If by epic, you actually mean long, go with Jethro Tull's "Thick as A Brick". Not the radio edit but the original 20 some odd minute long version. Even part II clocked in around 16 mins. I think.
Black Star
UG Fanatic
376 IQ
Quote by Rykr
If by epic, you actually mean long, go with Jethro Tull's "Thick as A Brick". Not the radio edit but the original 20 some odd minute long version. Even part II clocked in around 16 mins. I think.

Thick as a Brick is 43 minutes long.
Quote by MuffinMan
brooklynsoulja1
400 IQ
One by metallica great solo to end a gig=)
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^