I still can't decide witch guitar i want I have a budget on 11000sek (i live in sweden) or $1570. Remember guitars in sweden are a bit more expensive. However i do like Gibson sg. Please give me some tips
Quote by Phish-Food
I still can't decide witch guitar i want I have a budget on 11000sek (i live in sweden) or $1570. Remember guitars in sweden are a bit more expensive. However i do like Gibson sg. Please give me some tips

Hmmm...

If you're going Gibson try to aim for the SG standard as they are, at least in my opinion, miles ahead of the Special or Faded.

Other than that, just go to a local store and try all guitars which are around 11000, to get an idea of what you can get in that price range.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
The Gibson SG Standard is a great guitar capable of doing almost all musical genres. It is at its best with classic rock, metal, blues. Turn down the pickups and do jazz. I have played country and western music on it successfully. All around great guitar, doesn't get enough credit for its versatility.
My god, your guitar is a witch?

Best I can do is say that you should go and try some out first; the guitar of your dreams (in this case a Gibson) you might get and then realize that it plays like crap to you.

Also depends on the music you play.
depending on what your amp set-up is like, you might want to spend the money on a better amp. you can make a cheap guitar sound good on a nice amp easier than you can make an expensive guitar sound good on a cheap amp
your guitar is a witch?

QUOTE]

she is!! she turned me into a NEWT!!

....i got better

staying on topic, SGs are nice lol, umm yea, try out other gibsons in that range if tahts the sorta sound you want. maybe some ESPs if you can get a hold of one of them
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by webbtje
your guitar is a witch?

QUOTE]

she is!! she turned me into a NEWT!!

....i got better

staying on topic, SGs are nice lol, umm yea, try out other gibsons in that range if tahts the sorta sound you want. maybe some ESPs if you can get a hold of one of them

Oh my god, someone actually liked one of my jokes...

I agree with the ESP thing, their Vipers are excellent, top-notch. A new amp probably wouldn't do any harm if it's still a practice one.