So I'm getting my macbook pretty soon, and I was wondering if the Logic 8 would benefit me in recording and such. I'm going to use the mac for recording purposes and such, and it seems like it has great features that I could possibly use. I'm wondering because it's an extra 200 dollars. Are the features good? Is it a good program? What does UG think?
i've only used logic 7.1 but thats an awesome recording program, and apparantly logic 8 is excellent!
i shld be using it within the next couple of weeks so i'll tell ya then!
apparantly it's got quite a few influences from pro tools.
and also the midi instruments and things r suppose to be alot better.

but logic is deffo a very good recording program.
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
Its an outstanding program, however, it certainly is not meant for beginners - it is a complicated. If you want a program that will let you setup and begin recording right away (without an incredibly long manual) then I would stick with Garageband, which is imo the best easy-to-use sequencer out there.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

I use Logic Studio 8 everyday. It's amazing and the MAINSTAGE app is a guitarists DREAM. Guitar Amp Pro (built-in) has every kind of preset known - I'm not even using Guitar Rig or Amplitube much anymore as they're not needed with Logic 8's built-in amp sims.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Logic is amazing, and I don't think it's too hard for beginners to understand. A damn sight easier than Cubase or Pro Tools anyway.
There is poetry in despair.
Quote by Muphin

Good luck finding a convolving reverb plugin including with an open source DAW.

Not to mention the physical modeling synthesizer...

****ing get logic.
Quote by sargasm
Good luck finding a convolving reverb plugin including with an open source DAW.

There are at least 8 different reverbs in the LADSPA bank, and Ardour is VST compatible believe it or not.

Not to mention the physical modeling synthesizer...

ZynAddSubFX
RTSynth
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin
There are at least 8 different reverbs in the LADSPA bank, and Ardour is VST compatible believe it or not.

ZynAddSubFX
RTSynth

All you've done is proven you don't know what either of those things are.

Show me an open-source CONVOLUTION reverb plugin, with a utility to record spaces, and I'll be impressed.
Quote by sargasm
All you've done is proven you don't know what either of those things are.

Show me an open-source CONVOLUTION reverb plugin, with a utility to record spaces, and I'll be impressed.

RTSynth qualifies as a physical modeling synth. There are also VST convolation reverb plugins that can be used with Ardour. Of course there's always Freeverb if you want an open-source alternative.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation