Descendent-182
RancidPunk
5,907 IQ
I'm 14 almost 15 and I play guitar and sing pretty good I think and there's this band in my town who needs a vocalist but there all 18 the youngest member is 16 and they play punk wich is what I play but when I aked them If I could join there band the guitarist said I was too young and he wasn't to nice about it either but the bassist was like shure if you can sing but the guitarist told me no and didn't even give me chance so I was like screw you man and left and a few days later the bassist phoned me and asked me to jam with him he told me that his guitarist left the band and now he needed a guitarist and a vocalist so I was like sweet and said I'd come so now I'm going to go jam with them tommorow and I'm quite nervous about it and I was just wondering if you guys think my voice and my guitar skills are good enough to play with older musicians just to give me a bit of confidence so I'm not totally nervous and **** up so please click my sig and check it out thanks
With an irresistible blend of reggae induced hip-hop and catchy pop-punk hooks, Half Chance Heroes captivates audiences with their unique sound and energetic stage show. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8bSU0u8uvM
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
The punk hate in this thread saddens me.

My drummer is 14 and I'm 18 and we're fine playing together. Just jam and see how it goes.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
bakshandloomis
Ug's Metalcore fanboy
519 IQ
I was in a band with our drummer, who was 18, when I was 14.

But, yes, periods are a very cool thing to use.
Quote by fob12
Him -"Hey, give me a high five!"
Her -"hahaha why? *high fives*"
Him - "Because I just dumped you for the lulz!"
Her -"... what?"
Him -"*runs away*"

Quote by Lefty7Stringer
killswitch engage has some dissonant riffs, they're kind grindcore tho

adambc
89 IQ
with a bit more practice i think your voice will be just dandy for a punk band, and your skill level seems sound. aslong as the guys you are playing with can help write some good material, i think you are set bro. good luck, we could use some more GOOD punk bands.
freshtunes
3,057 IQ
I'm 16 and I've played with people from 18 to 25.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
fretmaster91
FenderFretMaster
68 IQ
I think you need to look for chemestry. If you have chemestry with this band then go for it. Also, BE MATURE!!!!!!! If your not these guys will NOT take you seriously.
No 18 year old wants to hang around an immature punk. Our rythym guitarist just turned 15, but he acts like he is 17 or 18. Be yourself, be natural and sing your heart out. Good luck man, and if they dont want you make your own band and rub it in thier face.
Founder of the "Make Your Own Freakin' Setlist Club"
trey-col89
the angry young man
1,127 IQ
Do you think an 18 year old is really going to want to hire a singer thats barely hit puberty? Think about it. Just give it a couple of more years and you can do whatever you want.
*Official Deadhead*

The times they are a-changin'
axeslinger01
UG Board King
1,821 IQ
you have a good voice, go for it!
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*
maybe_I_am
UG's Sexy Beast
315 IQ
Go for it, man. You're songs sound pretty sweet.

Co-Founder of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM me or TechnicolorBoy to join.

My music --> Check it out!