so im learning through the fire and the flames including the solos (hold the yea rights and criticism im already about half way and havent even been working on it that long) and some of the stuff li and totman do on their guitars really eats through strings, i finally decided to post about this after having this happen a few times but i have snapped yet another string on a harmonic bend just moments ago, anybody else have any song learning experiences they would like to share in which this or something similar kept happening?
-Zep
i got my braces stuck in the strings playing eruption with my old band
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
The first snapped strign on my 'nez, playing the Sweating Bullets solo by Megadeth, on the last bend, the 22nd fret high e, I also saw fit to make it a super bend and pulling up on the bar as well as the bend. Highest pitch my guitar can get
Where are your strings breaking?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
That sounds more like a guitar problem than anything. Can't say I've broke too many strings repeatedly on songs.
Agile AL-3100 (highly recommended)
SX SST57 strat copy
OE30 Hollowbody
SX fretless bass
Epiphone PR-200 acoustic
Yamaha G-40 classical
Epiphone Valve Junior head
1x12 custom cab
4x12 Behringer Half-stack

My Solo Stuff

My Band

Quote by weirdjohn87
That sounds more like a guitar problem than anything. Can't say I've broke too many strings repeatedly on songs.

same. Then again, I don't bend that harshly. I have a phobia of snapping my string and not replacing it.
i'm pretty sure one of them broke a string on the recording, near the very end of the song, so maybe you're doing something right
Well, strings, unlike most animals, including humans, and even the muscles in your body, do not learn from experience, they don't improve over time or anything, they only deterierate.
It's not really relevant, I just thought I'd put that out there. It's something to remember.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
Quote by yaccobe
i'm pretty sure one of them broke a string on the recording, near the very end of the song, so maybe you're doing something right

yea that was li who did that i heard about that i guess thats an upside lol,

Norflrlon makes a good point though that is true that they wear down that could possibly it,

to answer your question FacingUsAll its never the same spot it can be down by the bridge like this time, sometimes its right in the middle of the string and sometimes it will be pulled out of the bridge when the strings are fresh ( only happened like once or twice though and ive had the guitar a while)
I'd probably check the bridge for sharp contact points, regardless

Or move up to a thicker gauge.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.