bit of a noob question but what is the difference between a jazz bass and a precision bass

ta
It's the search bar.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
Quote by sammcl-15
It's the search bar.

+do it
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
P-Basses have split-coil pickups, giving it a thicker, punchier tone. They're good for rock, punk, and other relatively agressive styles. They also have thicker necks than Jazz basses.

J-basses have two single coils, which give it alot of versatality. Good for almost anything, except maybe metal (but even then, Opeth's bassist uses one). They have very thin necks, and an offset body.
I don't like P-basses

I've never played a J-Bass
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by CurbstompBass
P-Basses have split-coil pickups, giving it a thicker, punchier tone. They're good for rock, punk, and other relatively agressive styles. They also have thicker necks than Jazz basses.

J-basses have two single coils, which give it alot of versatality. Good for almost anything, except maybe metal (but even then, Opeth's bassist uses one). They have very thin necks, and an offset body.

If you do that he won't learn!
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
Quote by sammcl-15
If you do that he won't learn!

Yeah, I know, and totally agree. However, there are some that refuse to have people learn.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by rw3cja
bit of a noob question but what is the difference between a jazz bass and a precision bass

ta

The only way to understand truely is to try them for yourself. Both have completely different feels and sounds.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
He's probably a racist too

That was.. awesome.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.