I do. Although its just a b side remix album it feels like a full album to me (probably because theres 18 songs so even if you cut out the remix it would feel like a full length). anyway, I like the departure from their older stuff. I think the folk feel of ruby dont take your love to town is really fresh and romeo and Juliette is an amazing song too. (not to mention tranquilize ft lou reed). It seems to be that often when a band changes their sound a lot of people dislike it but i usually like the freshness that comes when a band alters their sound a bit. what do you guys think?

also does leave the bourbon on the shelf feel like a weezer song?(minus the vocals)
Last edited by blackmajik2021 at Nov 29, 2007,
I think it's a terribly veiled cash-in, released conveniently in time for Christmas.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Quote by the_astronaut
I think it's a terribly veiled cash-in, released conveniently in time for Christmas.

exactly

also, its shit
although im interested to hear it how can a band like that have 18 bsides already?

it does seem a bit of a cash in before xmas :/
more than half the songs are either bsides, remixes, or covers... the best songs on this CD aren't even by the Killers... no, this one was a mistake, just like the previous record was a mistake. i was very disappointed with their post-Hot Fuss stuff.
Oh, I'll break them down, no mercy shown,
Heaven knows, it's got to be this time,
Watching her, these things she said,
The times she cried,
Too frail to wake this time.
They missed their best B Side though, "Get Trashed". Anyone who's heard this song knows what I mean, and probably gets the way I'm saying this
Quote by Bmm386
Bleh. I loved Hot Fuss, and it's been downhill since there.

I thought Sam's Town was alot better than Hot Fuss.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Quote by radio_schizo
It's not as bad as The Libertines greatest hits as far as cashing in goes.

I laughed my ass off when I saw that. I am a huge Libertines fan, but Greatest Hits? Seriously? They've made two records during their lifespan. Take away half of the songs from the two albums they released, and there you go. Greatest Hits.
Quote by RHCP94
I thought Sam's Town was alot better than Hot Fuss.

Sams Town was a ****ing brilliant album! Hot Fuss was ****!

Really, when I heard Somebody Told Me, I hated the Killers untill I heard Sams Town. Hot Fuss is the most sloppy, unstructured mess ever to be redeemed by a brilliant second album, the only really good songs on it are Glamorous Indie Rock And Roll, All These Things That I've Done and Mr Brightside. The only BAD song on Sams Town is For Reasons Unknown.
one must consider, sawdust is a b-sides collection from a band who has already proven that they're capable of writing (and releasing) sub-par songs.

that having been said, i wasnt expecting much, and i wasn't disappointed.

i did like the remix of "mr brightside," though.
Rock is Dead.

Gear:
Epiphone LPC
Vox AD50VT

Whats the meanest you can be,
To the ones you claim to love,
And still smile to your newfound friends?
The only BAD songs on Sam's Town are... well... all of them except for Read My Mind and When You Were Young.

Sam's Town was sh*t. Hot Fuss was mostly either decent or good. I can actually listen to all the songs on it except for Believe Me Natalie.
Oh, I'll break them down, no mercy shown,
Heaven knows, it's got to be this time,
Watching her, these things she said,
The times she cried,
Too frail to wake this time.
I actually like both Hot Fuss and Sam's Town, though I personally prefer Hot Fuss. They write rather strong pop songs, which is actually a fairly difficult thing to do - plus they're somewhat listenable. Sure, I admit they do get boring, but in small doses at a time I find them very enjoyable.
I think there are a few good songs on hot fuss but pretty much all the songs on sams town are really good, apart from my list, which i find really boring, the only one i have heard from sawdust yet is tranquilize which i really love at the moment, has a really different feel to it from hot fuss, i think sams town is a transition in sound as quite a few of the songs on there are a fair bit darker and more dramatic than hot fuss.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by the_astronaut

I think the word I'm looking for is...

"WORD"

I can't stand them at the best of times, but a B-sides CD? Surely that would require at least four or five decent releases in precedent???

Bleghhhhhhhhhhhhh