Is there any difference between a studio electric guitar (i.e. Gibson Les Paul Studio) and a like.. non-studio one? (i.e. a Stratocaster)

Is there any difference in sound or anything?

Is it retarded to play a studio guitar out of the studio, like at a concert?
studio guitars tend to have less emphasis on looks and are generally heavier, at least in my experience.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
well theres a major difference from a les paul and a strat in the first place
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9
EHX Big Muff Pi
Companion Fuzz Box
EHX Pulsar
Boss DD-6
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Well, I know there's a difference brand-wise. Disregard the brands, though. I'm asking straight up the differences between a studio guitar and a regular one.
Studio guitars are not known for there looks.
obviously u can play one out of the studio.
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
Quote by The Con
Well, I know there's a difference brand-wise. Disregard the brands, though. I'm asking straight up the differences between a studio guitar and a regular one.

In my experience there is no difference. I've seen videos of a couple of my favorite bands recording and they used the same guitars and basses as on stage. They use a hell of a lot more equipment and precise wiring though. One amp head that my favorite guitarist uses is 15,000 dollars. He uses 3.. He will also not disclose what amplifier cab and speakers he uses, he has a printed cloth cover over it.
mainly the quality and the looks. although a studio is still as good its of less quality. and yes many people play studios at concerts its not retarded its just cheaper. i got an alpine white les paul studio for 3 or 4 hunderd dollars cheaper and the only difference is the neck binding basically. and pickups maybe
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
I heard that if you take a studio guitar out of the studio it will burst into flames.
Which begs the question: how do they get the guitar INTO the studio???
Very few brands actually use "studio" in the name of their instruments. A studio guitar such as a LP studio isn't specifically geared toward studio use. It just means that the look of the instrument isn't the main selling point, but rather the sound is. In other words, a LP studio isn't as flashy as an LP supreme, but it'll sound just as good for 2 grand less.