You are bound to find a lot of his fans on here. He is an amazing player
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
Hellz ya.
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
I found out about him a few months back, too bad there's no Guthrie Govan torrents of his album, Erotic Cakes, the only one I found was in FLAC format.

...unless someone wants to link us to some?

I love the songs Wonderful Slippery Thing and Erotic Cakes the most, and Uncle Skunk as well.
Known.
Some.
Call.
Is.
Air.
Am?

Incoherent - yes.
Without meaning - I'm afraid not.

"Known some call is air am."
Which is to say-

"I am not what I used to be"
^^^just buy the album you cheapskate.
Thank God im an atheist
He is one of the greatest guitar players around right now, all guitar fans should own Erotic Cakes. I'm particularly fond of Ner Ner, Hangover and Rhode Island Shred.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Ultimate Axe
Great indeed. His guitar books are also great! Highly recommended

Indeed. My guitar teacher showed me one he had after showing me a video of Guthrie in action a few months ago. The guy is one of the most underated guitar players out there by a LOT.
Quote by CJRocker
Indeed. My guitar teacher showed me one he had after showing me a video of Guthrie in action a few months ago. The guy is one of the most underated guitar players out there by a LOT.

Not really underrated, it's just that nobody has heard of him. Everyone that does listen to him seems to love him.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
his technique and, especially, his improvising abilities are incredible.

The guy was playing through Pass's Virtuoso albums before he was 10 for godsakes!
Thank God im an atheist
Yeah, he's awesome.
Also, he's done a ton of great lessons and transcriptions for Guitar Techniques magazine, so I can definitely say he's helped me evolve as a player.
Quote by wil

The guy was playing through Pass's Virtuoso albums before he was 10 for godsakes!

Where did you hear/read that?
Quote by Stratwizard
Where did you hear/read that?

The Guitar Techniques interview when Erotic Cakes came out.
Thank God im an atheist
Quote by wil
^^^just buy the album you cheapskate.

I would if I was in the States, but I'm going to return there next year, so a download will do for now.
Known.
Some.
Call.
Is.
Air.
Am?

Incoherent - yes.
Without meaning - I'm afraid not.

"Known some call is air am."
Which is to say-

"I am not what I used to be"
I found out about him a few months back, too bad there's no Guthrie Govan torrents of his album, Erotic Cakes, the only one I found was in FLAC format.

...unless someone wants to link us to some?

I love the songs Wonderful Slippery Thing and Erotic Cakes the most, and Uncle Skunk as well.

this is one of the albums id gladly pay for (which i did) and encourage others to pay for since its not only fantastic but its put of by a small company rather than a huge corporation that doesnt share its profits with the artists

so go buy it
Quote by sAntA199
this is one of the albums id gladly pay for (which i did) and encourage others to pay for since its not only fantastic but its put of by a small company rather than a huge corporation that doesnt share its profits with the artists

so go buy it

Same here, I actually won't let any of my friends who might want it copy mine because I know Guthrie could probably do with the money unlike say...Vai or Satch (nothing against them that's just the two richest virtuosos I could think of).

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Definately buy the album it is amazing and he deserves all the suppor he can get.
I am also looking foward to the possibility of being tutored by him if I go to BIMM
Most shredders bore me these days, but damn it, Guthrie is a demi-god. His playing, improvisation, and overall mastery of the guitar gets me every time. Music flows so naturally from him, thanks for posting those vids stratwizard.
For all the UK and Ireland Total Guitar readers, think that's the magazine.
They have some competition to win a 1 year training course with him.
Guthrie really is a brilliant player and is really starting to build a fan base.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
Quote by Orbit91
For all the UK and Ireland Total Guitar readers, think that's the magazine.
They have some competition to win a 1 year training course with him.

I Live in the US
No guthrie for me
And you can't spell funeral
without fun
hope you had a good time
cuz now your life is done
Quote by Guitar0player
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76TQUY4sIF0&feature=related

What song is he playing here with Ron?

Ron starts off playing "Lose Yourself" by Eminem...

...then the Benny Hill theme which they proceed to jam over.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
i think hes great!
best guitarist in my opinion.
my guitar teacher recommended him to me, i really dont know why hes not that popular