I was trying to update my video driver and this happened.
I got a new version of my driver and i deleted the old one. not really sure what to do to fix this, also i just installed directx 10. any help would be great.

guitar>me
Quote by Chaosinborn
you using vista?

off topic but...
WOO HOO I WAS SIGGED!

Edit: But why not just try restarting the computer?
If you;re using DX10 you must be using Vista. Vista kills older games, like WarIII. Use XP dude.
45 days without my precious UG...
CURSE YOU LOLWUT PEAR!!!

Quote by eggo_boi_15
Arnt the first few things anyone learns on a guitar is

1. Nirvana - smells like teen spirit
2. Prince - Smoke on the water
3. White stripes - seven nation army
Quote by Schnitzel_Man
If you;re using DX10 you must be using Vista. Vista kills older games, like WarIII. Use XP dude.

exactly what i was getting at
1) im using windows XP

2) it happened yesterday, and the computer has been on and off like 3 or 4 times.
guitar>me
(look it up on google) but if you want to revert back to your old driver settings there is a simple like start>ctrlpanel>drivers>revert type thing. i dont know the exact place on your computer. depends on if you deleted your old driver ... which i doubt is possible .. considering a video driver is a piece of hardware in your computer.... GOOGLE IT or find my dad and he'll do it for you
Did you try switching the computer off and on again?

On a more serious note, reinstall the bugger?
If you want to uninstall the current one, right click on My Computer and go to Manage. Select Device Manager and then look for Display Adapters, right click on it and click Properties. Here you can either choose to uninstall the current driver or rollback to the old driver. If this fails run dxdiag by using the windows run command (WIN+R) - WIN is that windows key on your keyboard, then type in dxdiag, enter, yes or ok to whatever message comes up and look under Display. Then google the chiptype or name - whichever one states the model of your card and add driver to the end.

Sometimes installing the driver of the same series of graphics card, but different model can fuggle things up a but.
How the hell did you install DX10 in XP...?
45 days without my precious UG...
CURSE YOU LOLWUT PEAR!!!

Quote by eggo_boi_15
Arnt the first few things anyone learns on a guitar is

1. Nirvana - smells like teen spirit
2. Prince - Smoke on the water
3. White stripes - seven nation army
I'm going to guess he installed the Directx10 drivers.

Find out what driver package was released when your card was, and use that. Newer drivers lose support and compatibility with older devices.

Wait, what video card are you using? If you need help you need to give us as much information on your system you have.
sorry,

VIDEO CARD = NVIDIA GeForce4 MX integrated GPU

DRIVER = nv4_disp.dll

im confused, i copied that info out of the diagnostic tool thing.

basically my computer is running great but all muh games are screwed up.

and i went to microsoft .com or w/e and got the latest directx sooo... it said it was 10
guitar>me
your screwed

I play Warcraft III: Frozen Throne with DX10 and its fine

I dunno what to tell you other then use your old driver
If looks could kill, my charm will scatter faceless dead bodies, everywhere