I'm trying to decide between which of those two mics to get... I like the e609's ease of use (getting the sweet spot of the amp easily) but the SM57 (obviously the tried and true mic) is just plain obvious. But which one do you guys think is the beter option overall? I play in a wird band that is a mix of hard rock, folk, progresive rock, funk rock, metal, and mellow rock (thats the best way to describe the last genre). Not all genres at the same time of course, but anyway I love high gain distortion and vintage sparkly cleans and I'm getting a B-52 AT-212 to match the mic up with as our band is starting a recording studio.

So yeah that should give yo a vague idea of my music style... Do any of you know from experience which mic would be better?
i considered the sennheisers for a drum mic setup, but the sm57 package was a better deal.

maybe you should experiment with both? i mean, if you're recording, you're probably gonna have more than 1 mic with you.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
the sm58 is basically the sm57 isnt it? but has like a filter or w/e. so ive heard
Quote by CodeMonk
Programming is an art form that fights back.

Quote by bob farrell

When Teenagers Crash Their Mothers Cars And Slash A Few Tires, The UG Justice Team Will Be There, And Justice . . . . . . . .Will Be Served!!!!
58 is tuned for vocals, 57 is for instrument. Try the 57 beta!

http://www.shure.com/ProAudio/Products/WiredMicrophones/us_pro_Beta57A_content
Quote by GoobaSun
so i just pulled my shirt up and there was brown stuff looking like boogers coming out of my belly button, I picked a piece and took a whiff...it smells like shitttttttttt! wtf is happening to me?

www.myspace.com/heroesbefore