I saw a Fender Bassman 150 at my local music store, one for $350, and one for $499...

im just wondering whether i should risk it and go for the $350 amp, and have it die on me in a couple months.

They both look pretty much the same, no visible scratches or chips or anything on either, but the $499 one definitely has a newer look to it.
Quote by J-Spoon

You know you are a bassist when your milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.
I think you'd be crazy not to buy used. Most stores have a guarantee on their used gears that's equal to the new stuff. Hell, even if it does break down, repairmen have warranties too, and chances are it'll STILL be cheaper than a new amp.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Bassmans are the only fender bass amps i'd touch so i'd say your gettin a pretty good deal
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
used all the way, no question.
[img]http://www.fan2band.com/DynamicImages/97465_906_49_1997.gif[/img]
my particular store has either 1-month or 1-year warranties. im definately going to keep it for longer than that, so is it REALLY worth it to save $150? what if after that period it just... dies?
Quote by J-Spoon

Nothing "just dies". If an amp stops working, it's going to be the fuse, a capacitor or the speaker. Ten minutes with a multimeter will tell you what works and what doesn't and it won't cost a lot to repair.
Quote by smb
Nothing "just dies". If an amp stops working, it's going to be the fuse, a capacitor or the speaker. Ten minutes with a multimeter will tell you what works and what doesn't and it won't cost a lot to repair.

yeah haha. just hypothetically.

how much is a repair job anyways?
Quote by J-Spoon

um well it depends.
just go for it.
if its not completely thrashed or anything
get it used.
[img]http://www.fan2band.com/DynamicImages/97465_906_49_1997.gif[/img]