I play a lot of metal and have a guitar for that. But now i want to do a more variety of things that my guitar can't do. I'm picking up either an Epiphone Les Paul Custom or Epiphone Firebird studio. I'm looking to do things varying from The Foo Fighters to things like cartel and the starting line and taking back sunday. any advice on these guitars would be awesome. Also assuming i have to do a pup swap. any advice on pups that would help me achieve that tone? i'm still kinda new to the non-metal side of guitar.
I really don't like the way that any fender i have ever played feels, spare a usa made telecaster. thats why i went with the epiphones
Try a good Alnico V pickup. That'll give great distortion while giving you a good variety of tones. Dimarzio PAF Pros or Nortons, Seymour Duncan's SH-4 (not 100% sure on the magnet used) or Custom 5's are good choices.
I keep hearing this burstbucker being brought up within the people i know that play this kinda music. whats the deal with that?
Quote by eyezclosed
I keep hearing this burstbucker being brought up within the people i know that play this kinda music. whats the deal with that?

that's because it has an alnico V magnet (which is very verstile)
ok, so essentially get pickups that have alnico V magnets in either guitar and they would be very versatile guitars?