I've decided to order a cube 60 for christmas, but heard that they don't sound too great with EMG's. is this true? if so then I'm gonna be very very sad :/
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
Haha, this is great. He had $1000, and got a spider. That salesman deserves a god damn medal.

Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD Viper 400
Silvertone SS11 strat copy (possibly modding in future)
Alvarez AD70S acoustic

Amp
Roland Cube 60
It's not, you're just not gonna use the EMGs to their full capacity. (I.E: Driving a tube amp into overdrive)
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
It's not that it'll sound bad, it's just that, the purpose of EMGs is to drive a tube amp into my distortion with their built in preamps. With a SS amp, it won't really do anything. I use my EMGs on my Vox quite a bit and they don't sound bad, just not as good as they could.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
well I'm still an amp noob and don't plan on getting a tube amp for a while, plus I don't really need one right now. I'm just gonna use the cube for bedroom practice, jamming with some friends, etc., just an upgrade from my ****ty 15 watt.
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
Haha, this is great. He had $1000, and got a spider. That salesman deserves a god damn medal.

Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD Viper 400
Alvarez AD70S acoustic

Amp
Roland Cube 60
alright thanks guys, I should have used logic to realize that EMG's wouldn't sound different with a cube than with any other SS amp... I just read that and got kinda scared because I've been researching forever and finally decided on the cube.
Quote by Useful_Idiot16

Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD Viper 400
Alvarez AD70S acoustic

Amp
Roland Cube 60
It won't sound bad. But EMG's will sound best through a tube head.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore