I believe I heard a commercial for GC advertising this guitar for $99??? Very quickly I glanced at their site. I found a '57 reissue and a Jr Special. I surfed through Ebay and found a few also. The thing is that I support my local shop (Pianos N' Stuff) over GC, but unfortunatly they do not carry this guitar (very suprised they don't). I'm going to go the Ebay route then.

Sorry for the rambling. I own seven guitars. This guitar is going to be a beater/daily driver. Most likely a pickup change, tuners, you get the picture. Plus for the price, under a $100 on Ebay, **** why not?

I play mostly Stones, GNR and Janes Addiction. I'll be running it through my JCM 800 most of the time until I pick up an AC30. Santa, I was somewhat of a good boy this year.

Well after all my verbal masturbation, what is your opinion on this guitar. Compare the Gibson modal too if you have experience. Positive and negative, I'm still getting the thing to add to my collection and for the price, there is not much to lose. Plus if anyone, from the states, is selling one, give me your info.

Thanks in advance
Last edited by The Real Ming at Nov 30, 2007,
I havent heard anything good about it, I have the next in line lp, the special II that is pretty bad, they say that the lp jr. are worse...I wouldnt buy it.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
if you have a jcm800, why buy a beginners guitar when u already have a tele, strat, and LP studio?
Last edited by b00m_ at Nov 30, 2007,
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Limited-Edition--57-Les-Paul-Jr--Reissue-with-P-100-519390-i1150584.gc

to boom, just to add to the collection, something that I can tear apart, write my gf's name on it, blah blah blah... you get the point.
the link here shows that this one is all mahoghany and still its relatively cheap.
Keep the opinions coming and remember I dont need the guitar and I can waste that much money and not feel bad.
I also believe that I can make a crappy guitar better. My strat, I change the pups, rewired everything and I feel that it is just as good as most of the Am standards that I have played. Same goes with the LP studio.

One of my setups, crappy cell phone pic
Last edited by The Real Ming at Nov 30, 2007,
oh okay
yeah
i get you
i was thinkign about getting an epi jr. and replace the bridge pickup to a SD, new pots, electrics etc. but then couldn't be bothered. lol.

i think its a good idea to mod the guitar. go for it.
Quote by The Real Ming
Yeah I'm going to get it and play it through that ^^

woah, doesn't that amount of pedals suck your tone bigtime?
That isn't the LP jnr you's are all thinking of with the humbucker in the bridge. It's got a P100 and mahog body with a set neck.
oh
well
im talking about the guitar with a humbucker in the bridge.
lol
i dunno all the stats.
i just would love a guitar with a humbucker in the bridge and thats it. the simplicity is brilliant. does anyone know of any guitars like that that are reasonably cheap?
I hear that despite having a paint job too thick, the 57 Junior Reissue is a pretty nifty guitar. Change out the silly P100 for a proper P90 and you'd be good to roll.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
I have a normal Jr (Epi) and I have to say, for a cheap guitar the humbucker gets the job done well. I wanted the 57, but got the cheapest one lol. Im not sure with the P-90. All I know is, if you want a humbucker and a cheap geeetar...the Std Jr is the way

EDIT: Sorry P-100, apparently they are ****house, get a Seymour Duncan in that baby.
Quote by The Real Ming
One of my setups, crappy cell phone pic

:O! What effects pedals do you have!?

That is amazing...my like...mind is going to explode.
Quote by b00m_
oh
well
im talking about the guitar with a humbucker in the bridge.
lol
i dunno all the stats.
i just would love a guitar with a humbucker in the bridge and thats it. the simplicity is brilliant. does anyone know of any guitars like that that are reasonably cheap?

lol the hello kitty squier

they actually play pretty well lol, i kno of somone who replaced the pup with an EMG
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
As your buying the guitar as an experimental thing and just really want the wood. Probably wont be to bad. I did the same thing recently with a epi LP100. Pulled it out of the box to see if it worked. Then pulled it apart. Level sanded the fret board and put stainless frets in it. Sanded the body and neck down to bare wood and am putting a nice metal flake paint job on it. Got rid of the neck plate and put the sunk ferrules on the back. Havent decided on pickups yet have 3 different sets at the house can use. Should be pretty nice when done. I looked at buying a body and neck from warmoth but was over 600 just for those 2 parts. Got a whole guitar for 300 from MF.
Quote by PurpleFlavoured
:O! What effects pedals do you have!?

That is amazing...my like...mind is going to explode.

This setup here constists of:
crybaby-big muff-DS1-DF2-TS9-SuperComp
FX Loop: CH1-Small Stone- Pulsar- LBP1- GE7- Deluxe Memory Man- Holy Grail

This is my compact basement rig (bragging) I have a couple setups throughout my house.

Yeah you could say experimental. I've been rippen' apart guitars for a little bit now. I really like the looks of the guitar, but how it plays is what counts. My local shop doesn't carry them, so trekking to GC and try them out. I would like to purchase it from ebay or some mom & pops store over GC.

What I really want is a plexi Dan Armstrong running through an AC30.
Last edited by The Real Ming at Dec 1, 2007,
Quote by bored_maniac33
lol the hello kitty squier

they actually play pretty well lol, i kno of somone who replaced the pup with an EMG

Dont tell me it was this guy v

,its a fake lol