There is a hairline crack near one of the machine heads of my bass, i talked to the guy at the local music shop about it, He said it would cost cost around $60 bucks (Australian) to get fixed. The crack doesn't affect its performance what so ever. Is it worth getting fixed?
If its a bass you cant live without. I don't know if your in and danger, but it would bug the hell out of me. Maybe do some research on wood furniture repair and do it yourself. I used to work at an antique shop, and what some of those customers could repair and restore was amazing.
I'd get 60 in probably a month or so, I'm only 14 so i don't exactly have a job.
It's where the pee comes out from boy.

Oh, wait....
Quote by Demon Wolf
Man, you even got the melody right. +1000000 points.

Quote by Night_Lights
^thats a brilliant call. *jots in notebook*
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wouldn't worry about it much if it's only hairline. If it still performs good, then great. If you're careful with it, it should be ok. Hell, a bass should have character.

I completely agree. I have a very old Squier. The paint is scratched up in places and there are some minor dents but there's nothing that effects the playability.

I love a worn out bass.
Is the crack in the finish or the actual wood? If it's the wood I would definitly get it fixed before it becomes a serious problem. If it's just in the finish I wouldn't worry about it.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

Quote by aixelsydevahi
Is the crack in the finish or the actual wood? If it's the wood I would definitly get it fixed before it becomes a serious problem. If it's just in the finish I wouldn't worry about it.

Well i'm not too sure, all i know is that the machine head is stopping it from becoming longer.