I went down to the guitar shop today to look for a Synth Wah and I saw this little beauty. It's a black jazz bass with with binding. Ebony fingerboard with matching headstock.
The pickguard is black, with white middle ply to match the bass. It has a P style pickup in the neck position.
It looks like a very classy bass, black with touches of white. I thought it was a P Bass with an offset body but the headstock read 'Jazz Bass'.
The knobs are Strat knob shaped but chrome and have no lettering or lines on it.
Very nice. Anyone know anything about this bass? I wanna get it, but it will take my two months paycheck away. Awesome bass. Someone would probably buy it soon anyway.
Quote by Demon Wolf
Man, you even got the melody right. +1000000 points.

Quote by Night_Lights
^thats a brilliant call. *jots in notebook*
Pics?
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
What, you mean the paint? It was all black.
Quote by Demon Wolf

Quote by Night_Lights
Cool. I think that's the one, except with no pickguard and binding. But the binding is the thing im attracted to. Hehe.
Quote by Demon Wolf

Quote by Night_Lights
Quote by makuserusukotto

my thoughts exactly
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Old Aerodynes did have pickguards, and the Aerodyne bass DOES have binding. If it's a Fender, the fingerboard cannot be ebony.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
The non-export Aerodynes do have pickguards, your music shop may have got their hands on a few non-export Japan Fenders somehow which is awesome, I think the non-export aerodyne looks much better than the others.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by indie-bassist
The non-export Aerodynes do have pickguards, your music shop may have got their hands on a few non-export Japan Fenders somehow which is awesome, I think the non-export aerodyne looks much better than the others.

Except those models have Basswood bodies, which is a big deterrant for me. If it was alder, I'd be on the Vintage White model like stink on ****.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
All the Aerodyne basses are made from basswood, it's obviously not bad stuff though because the ones I've played have sounded really nice.

The one thing that puts me off is the black-chrome hardware, I think it looks tacky, otherwise I'd be like you and jump straight on the vintage white one.
Quote by Bumper

Huh! I could have sworn the Stateside ones were Alder.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Yeah, sounds a lot like an Aerodyne Jazz Bass.
Quote by GreenDayChris
I drink, and say oi occasionally. but I can't get laid to save my life.

Quote by Symphonic_Chaos
MX4Life you fucking godhaha
Quote by thefitz
Huh! I could have sworn the Stateside ones were Alder.

Nope, all basswood.

Could this be a basswood bass that thefitz actually liked?!

Quote by Bumper

Quote by indie-bassist
Nope, all basswood.

Could this be a basswood bass that thefitz actually liked?!

Never got to plug one in - just got to stare at it on a wall! However, I wish I had a Vintage White bass... the closest thing is a Mike Dirnt sign and a Marcus Miller MIA 5-string.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Quote by indie-bassist

Yeah! It was a Japan, the shop guy was showing that off. Damn, now I really wanna get it.

The fingerboard was really dark, I must've saw wrong. Thanks guys.

I fell in love with it when I saw it. Had all my favourite stuffs that I'd like on a bass, binding, matching headstock. The P/J pickups on offset Jazz body reminded me off my first bass.
Quote by Demon Wolf

Quote by Night_Lights
Last edited by shotbythepope at Dec 1, 2007,