Hey guys,

i know a lot of you probably own a copy of Halo 3 and perhaps xbox live. Doing a uni project in creativity and i'm looking for some examples of how people have been creative in Halo 3 multiplayer. Like using a bubble shield as a trap with grenades, that kind of thing. Or have you stormed a base in an innovative way, maybe using a weapon in a new and effective way for what it was designed for.

Any ideas more than welcome.

Gamertag - Beefman no 2
There's one multiplayer level where there's like, an air thingy that shoots players up to the roof. I blocked the entrance with a flying ship and chucked a load of grenades at the air gust thing when a player got stuck in it.

I don't play it often enough to learn the names of things.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
There's one multiplayer level where there's like, an air thingy that shoots players up to the roof. I blocked the entrance with a flying ship and chucked a load of grenades at the air gust thing when a player got stuck in it.

I don't play it often enough to learn the names of things.

Really?

Just wondering, does it have to be Halo 3 you've been creative in...?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
cool one in halo 2...you push someone against the rocks on the red level and they go about 200 meters forward.
Halo is too linear to be really creative.
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
There is a secret tunnel in the high ground level towards the right if you crouch you can go into a boiler room i constantly assassinated people using this trick.

People use the doors on isolation i think thats the name of the map. They hide behind these doors with the gravity hammer and 1 hit kill you when you charge them

People set there spartans armor to white for a camouflage advantage on the snow map

Deploying a grav lift under a warthog / mongoose so it flips over

people lurk where the energy sword is kept on the pit and kill people with the sword who come looking for it

and also get the article about that guy who used the forge function to ask someone to marry him.
Quote by Bogiez
yup

...I'm pretty sure he's referring to things on multiplayer, not the story mode.

I think probably the most creative thing I've ever done in Halo 3 would probably be in a game of one-sided VIP on Narrows actually using the VIP as sniper bait. I had the VIP stand up on the bridge towards the center and destroyed the other team any time they came up to the top of the hill.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
like the idea of using VIP as bait and your right man i did mean multiplayer, sorry if that wasn't clear.
When a warthog or similar is driving towards you, drop a grav lift :p
Quote by GoobaSun
so i just pulled my shirt up and there was brown stuff looking like boogers coming out of my belly button, I picked a piece and took a whiff...it smells like shitttttttttt! wtf is happening to me?

www.myspace.com/heroesbefore
commit suicide a lot, it is a very creative way to bring lots of interesting comments your way like, "you ****ing suck. my grandma can commit suicide better than that."
If you can play music with enthusiasm and an honest effort, then no matter how flawed, noisy and unclean the music is, you are a musician. If you play just to be the best, you are not a musician, nor are you worthy of any musician's recognition. - me
Quote by ThunderFingers
When a warthog or similar is driving towards you, drop a grav lift :p

Even better, drop a bubble shield.

I PROMISE you'll be safe.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
Multiplayer Halo 3 is one of the most varied things you can experience online. The amount of custom game modes and possibilities is endless.

I saw a suicide video made in Forge with domino and stuff. Twas awesome.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Throwing a grav lift when someone charges me and then run and jump on it and turn and shoot them...

slowly riding up to people in ghost and wait for them to jump and then when they come down splatter them

when a ghost charges me I throw stickies at them when they're right under me.

on narrows shot a guy before he jumps and then jump at the same time hitting him causing him to die by my hand and me to fall to my death... Either way its one more kill over your kill death ratio...

But I think the most inovative thing I've seen is people who can snipe through walls
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all
Quote by Kensai
Really?

Just wondering, does it have to be Halo 3 you've been creative in...?

Hes talking about the map "sandtrap" and the vehicle called the "hornet".
there's always the classic suicide bomber where you're running behind someone from your team and heading into a group of enemies and stick a grenade on the back of your teammate and let him run into the crowd.

i've seen people killed by the random objects lying around levels, usually pays off to know which way those things fly if you shoot the power cell things next to them.
Quote by inhatredofme
there's always the classic suicide bomber where you're running behind someone from your team and heading into a group of enemies and stick a grenade on the back of your teammate and let him run into the crowd.

i've seen people killed by the random objects lying around levels, usually pays off to know which way those things fly if you shoot the power cell things next to them.

What's even more entertaining is making someone stick themselves. I've only done it twice but it's been hilarious each time. You basically have to kill them and make sure they've just started to throw the grenade as they die. They don't get to actually throw it so it just drops to the floor and sticks to them as they die. The ultimate in adding insult to injury in Halo.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
Quote by musicianamedave
Even better, drop a bubble shield.

I PROMISE you'll be safe.

Bubble heartstone would do better
Well, on combat evolved I hid inside a rock for the duration of a deathmatch, and racked up loads of kills and no deaths.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I was playing halo3 on Valhalla (Spelling?) anyway, there was a guy with the pod launcher, and i went up the grave life, the one that takes you to the middle of the map, and the guy with the pod launcher was literly right under where I was going to land. So i threw out a bubble shield JUST as he started firing his podlauncher. Funny thing was, the bubbleshield landed on him in such a way, that he was right inside the wall, so when he fired the pod launcher it hit the inside of the bubble shield, and exploded, resulting in his death. It was funny.
it needs more cowbell!

Member #5 of UG's gain \/\/hores

Quote by lobster624
"are you an angel because i have an erection."
There was a thing in the sky in Sandtrap made of boxes and it was a pretty cool sniping position until someone came behind you and killed you of course

another time was when there was a warthog driving around our base killing people, so i grabbed a power drain and threw it at exactly the right time and place and the warthog got stuck and blew up...i thought it was badass
a friend and I played team sword doubles on narrow and just camped under the ceiling for 9 minutes until the other team quit the match...that was pretty funny
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.