Hi.

I have a confession to make. I think I am clinically depressed. I don't know if thats the proper term, i only know it in my own language, but I think so.

The reason for why I think I am clinically depressed, and not just normal depressed, is coz my life is pretty good at the moment, objectively viewed.

I have something going with a nice girl. She's hot, she's nice, although I don't know her that well. I have a great band, we're starting to get knowned in my city. I have a great group of friends. I even have a friend who I can talk about everything with. Its a girl. After I broke up with my ex, I didn't really have anyone to talk to about personal stuff which I don't feel comfortable talking about to my guy friends.

So what makes me depressed? Well, I miss my ex, thats one thing. I think about her all the time, even though its 2 months since we broke up. Part of the reason for that is that she asked me if I wanted to get back together with her a couple of days ago, but I was depressed before that as well.

I wanna get back together with her, but at the same time I don't coz she's away on a foreign exchange student year, and she isn't getting back for another 8 months, and I remember how depressing it was being together with her the first 2 months that she was gone. I don't wanna get back to that.

I drink to the point of almost puking 2-3 times a week, and fill the rest of the days with a couple of beers a day. I smoke hash about once a month.

Sorry for the whine. I needed to let it out somewhere. This kinda **** is what I'd usually tell my ex while we were together, except I wouldn't have gotten myself in this situation without us breaking up.

So, I'm an alcoholic clinically depressed guy, and I've run out of places to hide. I guess life's problems has a way of reaching you wherever you run. Funny thing is that alcohol is what I thought would fix my problems.

Finally, I would just like to add that I'm not a stupid guy, as it might seem. I used to be praised for my math skills, my writing, I was good in sports and so on. But what good are all those things when you've got the psychological stability on par with a serial killer?

Thanks to anyone reading this far. I've actually come to prize these seldom moments of sobriety, lately. How wierd isn't that?

/end self-pity
Q about tube amps:
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by †øXÍÇ͆¥
I'm not trying to look open minded, in fact I try not to be open minded.
I hate people who are overly open minded.
Welcome to UG, you'll fit in just fine!

This is no place for sympathy
Wow...^^ that guy is an ass.

That sucks to hear mate. You should prolly go to the doctors and pick up some Happy Pills. They are what has gotten me through tough times when my parents died. Good luck. I would also try to stop drinking because that just makes things worse. Known from experience.
REMEMBER REMEMBER THE 8TH OF NOVEMBER!! I SURVIVED 4CHAN'S INVASION!!
Uneeded Praising Section:
Quote by The_Hottest_Day
Why didnt you get cable-less mics?

Quote by Oldmonkeys
lol good call

Quote by Kensai
^
^ That was at me so yes it is praise.
Hehe, I don't want sympathy

I know whats in store for me in this thread, I actually like getting feedback like "Grow a pair". It actually inspires me to do so, if you can believe that.

Edit: Happy pills and alcohol is probably a bad mix, but thanks for the positive feedback
Q about tube amps:
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by †øXÍÇ͆¥
I'm not trying to look open minded, in fact I try not to be open minded.
I hate people who are overly open minded.
Dude, I'm doing a lot of the same things, but with Weed and Opium in addition to alcohol. Self-Destruction is rad!

I'm going to keep prescribing self-medication.
Seriously, stop drinking, when your depressed, the drink takes a bigger hold of you and you do stupid things, believe me, I know, my friend was diagnosed with depression, hit the drink and killed herself.
Give up with the self destructive drinking behaviour.
Leave the ex ALONE!
Be happy you've got a girl atm.
Be happy you've got a home to go back to.

ALSO

Be happy your on a community full of the following:

Intelligent young & old males & females you can tell this to without the insults.
Stupid young males... with no wit and attempting a sense of humour.
The Bazzaah of China people who don't get the point that nobody likes them, haha.

AND

Your only an alcoholic when you go to meetings, other than that, it's just a social hobby, haha.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
no doubt happy pills are needed. Lexapro rocks and you can easily come off of it in the future. also you should exercise for a couple of hours a day. that removes a tremendous amount stress which is probably what makes you depressed in the first part. i am very serious about the exercise part.
Cut down on the drinking. See where that takes you first of all.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
seriously dude, get it down in writing. people seem to take it so much more seriously then.i hope everything that makes you depressed sorts itself out in time my friend, sooner better then later
Yeah, if you really want to change exercise and a doctor's visit are probably in order.

I don't really see why you'd want to change. Destruction breeds creation.
sucks to hear that but i don´t think UG will be of any help at all...
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Quote by Guitar-freak
Hehe, I don't want sympathy

I know whats in store for me in this thread, I actually like getting feedback like "Grow a pair". It actually inspires me to do so, if you can believe that.

Edit: Happy pills and alcohol is probably a bad mix, but thanks for the positive feedback

Alcohol and any kind of depression is a bad mix, it makes it worse. Actually, it's a stupid idea to use any drugs if you feel that way to begin with..
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Don't you have to be diagnosed as clinically depressed, to be clinically depressed?

Sound more like a case of anaclytic depression...

lol.
Quote by Ferrarone
sucks to hear that but i don´t think UG will be of any help at all...
First intelligent reply.

Seems that you have a problem.
Seek help with someone who can help you, and I don't mean a forum of 15 year old idiots.

This is not the end of your life; instead, cut the drinking, get help, get over it, and in a few years time you'll laugh about it. Really.
Quote by scottishmob

This is a site for musicians and you're all crying about the sad state of rock? Fuck that. I'm going to practice more and take over radio. I advise you all to do the same.
And play more video games. I swear to God, I can avoid taking medication by playing Mega Man. Gets me ego pumping.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by frantix
First intelligent reply.

Seems that you have a problem.
Seek help with someone who can help you, and I don't mean a forum of 15 year old idiots.

This is not the end of your life; instead, cut the drinking, get help, get over it, and in a few years time you'll laugh about it. Really.

im 17. and i try to help, not make silly jokes. so i find that offensive.

but fock it, thats society today isnt it