Poll Options
View poll results: Do you personally know someone who was a WW II veteran
yes
57 65%
no
31 35%
Voters: 88.
Page 1 of 2
I know this could get ugly with all of the people from different countries out there, but my question is: do you have anyone in your family, or personally know someone who was a WWII veteran?
If you can play music with enthusiasm and an honest effort, then no matter how flawed, noisy and unclean the music is, you are a musician. If you play just to be the best, you are not a musician, nor are you worthy of any musician's recognition. - me
I know a guy who was in the first wave to hit Gold beach on D-DAY
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Last edited by wiggy1988 at Nov 30, 2007,
My grandad was flying gliders. He never saw service though, he was posted in India for an invasion of Japan>

Bit of a boner-killer.

I also know someone who was in the Franch Resistance. He's cool.
Quote by pht
i met an ex ss member a few years ago

i hope you did insult him and kick him?

they don ´t deserve better than that...
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Quote by Ferrarone

Ignorance, Ignorance, Ignorance.

The American veterans are the same as German veterans, they just speak a different language.

Respect those who fought and gave their life.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Ferrarone

well, he was pretty friendly, though the fact, that i look like im half arabic (my dad's from kazakhstan). he told me he has changed his attitude completly. whatever, didnt liked him though, but a pretty funny guy.
w00t?
iknow a few. i was an aircadet and got to meet a few. also they come to our school sometimes...
Quote by Malcom Middleton
“Dying is a bit like writing a letter to Santa. Unless you've been a good boy or girl, you're fucked.”

Quote by RageAgainst...

what the fuck is "getting toasted"?

Quote by leftyguy
tranqd killer, are you Hatton's trainer or something?

THE KILLERS FAN GROUP
G.dad was staff-seargent in egypt... heh gotcha
Quote by metaldud635
Has anyone ever caught their parents doing it?

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
yeah, multiple times, and I usually joined in, still do in fact.

Quote by Vagabond21
Aaahh yes, the great state of Kentucky
Quote by Zero-Hartman

The American veterans are the same as German veterans, they just speak a different language.

hats wrong...the SS were trained to torture people. and most of them said they enjoyed it. The americans didnt kill people because they were jews either did the UK.
“Dying is a bit like writing a letter to Santa. Unless you've been a good boy or girl, you're fucked.”

Quote by RageAgainst...

Quote by leftyguy

THE KILLERS FAN GROUP
Quote by tranqd killer
hats wrong...the SS were trained to torture people. and most of them said they enjoyed it. The americans didnt kill people because they were jews either did the UK.

Ahh just realised the phrase SS just popped up...

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
^^^ it wasnt me that started it...

Quote by RageAgainst...

Quote by leftyguy

THE KILLERS FAN GROUP
Quote by Zero-Hartman

WHAT?!

does the name joseph mengele say something to you? he happened to be an SS

all the SS were the real hardcore nazis, they deserved spending the rest of their lives in prison...
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
I think my great uncle was among the first wave to hit the beach on d-day, i think it may have been omaha but i may be wrong, my mum told me he said it was hell out there, he made it through though but he passed away when i was about 5 or so.

My grandad was also in the army during WWII i think but he didn't have to do service, he was in the band playing piano, so his talent kind of saved him, his brothers were in WWI though, his friend who i met at my grandads funeral had to serve in the war but i can't quite remember where he was stationed or anything, one of my mums cousins was stationed in africa and i think he retired as colonel or something, my dads dad was on a torpedo boat in japan i think but i never met him.

So yeah, quite a few of my family have been in the war.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
2 uncles. My mother was a USAAF ferry pilot. She flew bombers to England.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
My grandfather was in Italy, he doesn't talk about it much though, but when he does..holy crap...it is really intense. Unfortunately, not many people out of his company survived. He got to see Mussolini being hung up by his toes though
My granddad was italian, but fought on the american side as a radio operator on a bomber.

I never talked to him about it before he passed away
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by pht
i met an ex ss member a few years ago

Yikes.

My grandfather was a radio operator for the Germans, assisted in the invasion of Russia.

He doesn't like talking about it.... can't blame him.

My other grandfather (Belgian side) worked with a tank division, iirc.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
my dad worked with a scotish man , who apparently played the bagpipes on a retreating boat at evacuation of dunkirk.
Quote by freedoms_stain

I think it's sick to force kids to take part in hate mongering and sick for spoonman to think its right for any adult to throw anything at a child.
Quote by tranqd killer

You do realize most German people and soldiers knew nothing of the genocide until 1944-1945, right? Don't generalize an entire elite operations storm force as prison guards. Yes, many soldiers not running the prison camps still did horrible things, but you have to realize this happens on every side in every war.
Great Grandad served in the RAF,
Godfather served in the airbourne
Grandfather served in Palestine.
Quote by donender
I think my great uncle was among the first wave to hit the beach on d-day, i think it may have been omaha but i may be wrong, my mum told me he said it was hell out there, he made it through though but he passed away when i was about 5 or so.

Unless your uncle was American he would have went to Gold, Sword, or Juno beach. The Americans were assigned to Omaha and Utah beaches.
Quote by FriskyDrisky
haha i dunno know. like if i sh*t or fart i know they smell really bad, but I enjoy the smell. Like I'll fart on my hand and then smell my hand. I dont think thats normal though...
Grandfather, he did someting with Sonar down in Iwo Jima
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Quote by Ferrarone
WHAT?!

does the name joseph mengele say something to you? he happened to be an SS

all the SS were the real hardcore nazis, they deserved spending the rest of their lives in prison...

Josef Mengele - The Angel Of Death, experimented on inmates (Mostly Romanian Gypseys) at Auschwitz, facinated with twins and mutations. Don't go "wiki l0lz" because I knew that before ¬_¬

Even so, SS Members were psychos yes, but they had been influenced by a brutal Fascist regime, you might have heard of a guy called Hitler You would go murdering Jews with propaganda like they had...

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
my great uncle is a veteran. he showed me loads of old letters and stuff a few years ago. but i havnt seen him since

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Josef Mengele - The Angel Of Death, experimented on inmates (Mostly Romanian Gypseys) at Auschwitz, facinated with twins and mutations. Don't go "wiki l0lz" because I knew that before ¬_¬

Even so, SS Members were psychos yes, but they had been influenced by a brutal Fascist regime, you might have heard of a guy called Hitler You would go murdering Jews with propaganda like they had...

they even sent the propaganda to kids. with anti jew messages in comics and schools.
Ironically...I have a great grandad who was an officer in the luftwaffe and my other great grandfather was an officer in the R.A.F....strange ,huh?
Quote by _Tim_
Ironically...I have a great grandad who was an officer in the luftwaffe and my other great grandfather was an officer in the R.A.F....strange ,huh?

That's awesome, maybe they shot at each other at one point

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Grandfather was in the first wave to hit one of the beaches on D-Day.

One of the few to survive from his squad... Interesting stuff.

Quote by Azwethinkwedo

they even sent the propaganda to kids. with anti jew messages in comics and schools.

The Americans did the exact same thing.

Wartime wouldn't be possible without propaganda.

Even after the war was finished, try to tell me that this isn't propaganda.,

You simply don't hear about the american propaganda, because they were a part of the Allies, who happened to win the war, thanks to Russia.
Quote by Vornik
There's nothing illogical about slavery.
Last edited by Constantine at Dec 1, 2007,
Didn't a lot of SS and einsatzgrupen (sp?) become morally depressed after having to shoot mass groups of people? Wasn't that one of the reasons for the death camps?
A bunch of relatives I never met, and some relatives of friends that I know but not too well. I'd be interested to talk to a World War I veteran. There's only 22 of them left.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
^ Indeed, also designed to save munitions and to kill as many as possible with as little human interaction possible

e.g All you had to do was flick a switch to kill hundreds/thousands

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
last thursday. these war veterans came to my history class to talk about their experiences...does that count?
My grandpa was a B-17 bomber pilot. He passed away about 7 years ago but my dad told me stories about him. Supposedly one time, the bomber was shot up pretty bad and everyone got freaked out and bailed except my grandpa, who reovered it and flew it home. Then, near the end of the war he was shot down and captured. My dad said that they treated my grandpa well though because he could speak German fluently. Im sure there were Althauses on the Axis side too.

My uncle flew huey's in Vietnam, and he was shot through the knee, but luckily he made it through all right.

My great grandpa fought in world war one and was mustard gassed which had horrible effects on his long term health.

My grandpa on my mom's side maintained bombers in Greenland during early stages of the cold war.
Quote by Zero-Hartman

well said
Yes the SS were nazis but then people were easily brainwashed in their position.

Everyone always gets on the ass of these regimes with things like their compulsory sterilisation policy for disabled and criminals without realising that the Americans did it first.

Obviously the Nazis were the bad guys but not all of them are evil people, they were fighting for their country.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
My Grandpa was From Poland, i think he Was at Warsaw. im not sure. he later Joined up in the British Army and he was In Italy for the Battle of Monte-something (the place on the Hill) and he also went to Egypt.
Page 1 of 2