so i decided i am going to get a peavey 6505 combo amp. is that a good choice? i played with it for a while and liked it. is it good enough for ultra brootal music? im talking about the combo not the head.
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
Boss ML-2 Metal core pedal
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
Tell the friend that due to an amp explosion you are now temporarily deaf and will judge her friend solely on looks.
seeing as it is one of the highest gain amps, i'd say it probably can...but that all depends on what ur definition of brutal is
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Yeah the 6505 can get pretty brutal- by getting a second hand 5150 combo you can save yourself a lot of money however.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
If the 6505 isn't br00talz enough for you, you've got a serious problem. Check into a gain-addiction rehab clinic immediately.

Yeah, it's pretty much the best high-gain amp that can be had for the money if you go used. Be warned, though, the cleans are a bit sub-par, though they break up into a nice old-school crunch.
Dunlop Straps™
The best sounding straps on the market

Quote by steven seagull
Justice is this, justice is that...justice is 9 minutes long and recorded in a cupboard full of fluffy pillows
yea man, plus korn is sooo br00tal
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.