k, I know I'm going to sound like a complete noob for asking this, but it hasn't really struck me until now, and now I'm kinda lost. Anyways, I've been trying out some new songs lately, but I noticed the ones I'm trying have this sort of like, zippy noise (I don't know the name of this) for those who don't know what I'm talking about, if you've heard the song beast and the harlot (only example I can think of right now) it's the sound they play in between the slow intro riff and the main rythm. I honestly have no idea how to do this, and for about a week it's been killing me. Anyone can halp?!
its a pick scrape, i think. u slide the pick up on the strings
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
Boss ML-2 Metal core pedal
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
Tell the friend that due to an amp explosion you are now temporarily deaf and will judge her friend solely on looks.
u have to pick the pick down on the stings. push the strings down hard
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
Boss ML-2 Metal core pedal
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
Tell the friend that due to an amp explosion you are now temporarily deaf and will judge her friend solely on looks.
A pick slide.. push the pick down on a string (or two) an slide it up towards your left hand. Start fast but then slow it down a little
Quote by Rungej
A pick slide.. push the pick down on a string (or two) an slide it up towards your left hand. Start fast but then slow it down a little

Alright, thanks, I'll try that. I don't think I pushed down hard enough and it ended up sounding like crap.