hey guys,

i ordered a 6505 cab but i guess the place i ordered from sold out before they shipped it to me. anyways, i'm looking into a cab for my 6505 head, i plan to play mostly metal. from what ive read the Marshall 1960 is a good one and the general community seems to suggest getting a cab with celestion v30s in it.

hook a n00b up with some advice!
Before we go and recommend you a different cab, make sure you cancelled that order. :P
Don't bother with newer Marshall Cabs.
I've heard a lot of horror stories about them being constructed out of MDF, which is not what you want.

And yeah, Celestion V30's are beauties.
May I suggest one of http://www.thomann.de/gb/framus_fr212_cb.htm these?
Got one of these myself. It sounds ****ing amazing.
A 5150/6505 with one of those would be more than enough for any local gig. And then for bigger stuff you'd have the cab miced anyway. For the price its a steal, aswell.
Marshall 1960AV
Vadar
Mesa Traditional

Seem to be the set standard for recommendations- I have the 1960AV cabinet and it works brilliant, however the other two are highly recommended.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
www.avatarspeakers.com

same speakers as the top cabs, just no "brand name" pricing
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Celestion G12k-100 are the pretty awesome, a lot of orange cabs have these as well as a few others. I use four them old Peavey Cab, and I must say they have more lows then any guitar speaker I ever heard. The sound alot like the the v30s to my ear but with more lows. Another option would be the emenice man of war, another ballzy speaker from what I have heard, although I have never used one personally.
hmm it seems the thomann dont ship to the US, but those definitley looked really nice.

the avatars at the price that they are at seem to be an awesome deal.... im thinking about either the vader or the avatars....
forgot to say this, thanks for all the advice! really do appreciate all of this.

also, the vader 2x12 seems like an awesome deal. its 240 watts which is higher than the peavey i ordered originally. do you think this will suffice?
ok, when ordering the avatar cab, the different options of ohm and also between stereo and mono are offered. i know the general idea behind these, but what would you recommend i get between these options?
If you can get Vadar, then do. They are said to be incredible.
Yes, the 240watt cab will suffice against the 6505 as it's higher than the 120 watts that the 6505 knocks out.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Marshall 1960bv or Mesa Rectifier 4x12. The Mesa is better. A front loaded Diezel cab with vintage 30's is probably my Favourite.