im looking to buy the nuts that are attached when you use a floyd rose bridge (the things that attatch at the 0 fret position for those who dont know what im talkin about), but cannot find where to buy some, or know exactly what they are called. My neighbor put them on his SG, and i was going to put some on my guitar to hopefully not have to retune as often. What are these things called and where could i get them?
Locking nuts.

They can be found anywhere that sells guitar parts. They can be ordered seperately. Go to your local shop and ask for some. They'll find ones of the right size for your axe.

I don't like 'em, though. You gotta loosen the nut every time you want to tune.
Instead, get some locking tuners, much cheaper. And require no modifications to your axe, and u dont have to carry an Allen wrench on u all the time. Unless u have a locking trem or a fine-tuner bridge, i dont see the need for one.
Quote by qotsa1998
Instead, get some locking tuners, much cheaper. And require no modifications to your axe, and u dont have to carry an Allen wrench on u all the time. Unless u have a locking trem or a fine-tuner bridge, i dont see the need for one.

Agreed
A locking nut also requires modding the neck to make it fit. It has to screws that hold it on from the back. And has to be put in just right. You cant just file em down like a regular nut.
Quote by Tackleberry
A locking nut also requires modding the neck to make it fit. It has to screws that hold it on from the back. And has to be put in just right. You cant just file em down like a regular nut.

Correct. OFR ntus all screw in behind the nut, though some licensed nuts screw in from the top, I don't see it often anymore. I just had to have my dad go to work the recess the screw holes on a floyd nut I bought for my Charvel as its screws go in from the top. Even using a heavy duty, commercial drill press, he still had a helluva time working on it due to the fact they are hardened steel, and is probably harder then a car engine block. As suggested, a much better option would be locking tuners. You could also probably get a graphite nut too to make tuning even more stable.