I'm a huge fan of horror movies, so I try and see all the new ones that come out that don't look like a complete waste of time. It seems more and more frequently I'm getting increasingly let down with the new releases.

I rented the movie "Captivity" yesterday. I was expecting a half decent run-of-the-mill horror film seeing as how it stars Elisha Cuthbert who isn't a bad actress. I enjoyed "House of Wax". The first 45 minutes are just smut for smut's sake. Granted the scenes I'm talking about made some sort of sense as to why they were happening, but some were a bit too much.

I actually almost vomitted at the one part (with the blender...), which never happens to me unless I've had too much whisky. After the initial violence the movie really just goes in all sorts of confusing directions.

There are some really bad goofs too. The main character is a model/covergirl. Looks are important in this occupation, yes? There's a scene where her face is scarred and it shows her examining the wound in a mirror. The next scene the scar is gone and is gone for the rest of the movie!

I've just come to expect far-fetchedness in recent horror movies, but come on! The only new horror movies I've seen in the past few years I thought were any good were the TCM remakes, the first Hills Have Eyes remake, and Rob Zombie's Halloween. That movie just kicked ass.

Any other pissed off horror fans with me on this?
I don't really ever watch horror movies. It's always been an abortive genre filled with more bad movies than good.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Ya, but The TCM remakes were ****, and halloween was half ****
Movies have just gone downhill since back in the day.....
I've not seen any of the films you mentioned but you're right about horror movies being shit now. The only decent one i've seen from the last decade is probably The Descent. Still nothing beats The Shining though.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
It's because of the whole shock culture. They're no longer trying to build atmosphere or anything, it just cheap thrills and gore.
THe Mist = shittiest movie I've seen for awhile.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
When did putting a circular saw through someone's cranium come before an actual plot? It really is a shame that gore has become the story. The most frightening movie I've ever seen didn't have any violence at all, if memory serves. The Exorcism of Emily Rose.
Quote by fastlanestoner
When did putting a circular saw through someone's cranium come before an actual plot? It really is a shame that gore has become the story. The most frightening movie I've ever seen didn't have any violence at all, if memory serves. The Exorcism of Emily Rose.

The scary thing about that movie, is those things really happen to people. Thats what makes a really scary plotline to me, something that can happen to you just like it does to the people in the movie.
if you like gore/horror/comedy, check out "Terror Firmer" and "Tromeo & Juliet" - both Troma movies. it takes quite a bit to actually scare me now days but I still love the genre.
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
Quote by rattlesnake69
watch "august underground's mordum". I've heard its one of the sickest movies out there.

just googled it, looks bloody
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
Oh my god I've seen Terror Firmer. It felt like I was going through an abortion at 18 years old. Truly chilling.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
I watched a movie called "Feast" that was like a Comedy-Horror. It's the most entertaining thing I've watched with the word "Horror" in the genre for a while now.
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
I usually only watch really bad horror movies, like The Gingerdead Man, or Leprechaun Back 2 Tha Hood. Either that or zombie/vampire films, speaking of which, 30 Days of Night was pretty badass.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Quote by Blow Me
I watched a movie called "Feast" that was like a Comedy-Horror. It's the most entertaining thing I've watched with the word "Horror" in the genre for a while now.

Yes! I loved that movie. Especially when the monster skullfucked the girl to death.

I'm pretty much fed up with new horror movies altogether. I kind of wish they'd do a remake of Hellraiser, but it would probably end up screwed.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
Yes! I loved that movie. Especially when the monster skullfucked the girl to death.

...and she wasn't dead yet
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
Quote by Kartman
THe Mist = shittiest movie I've seen for awhile.

tbh, i actually thought that movie was pretty good for a modern one
Five ways to kill someone

Number 1.

Number 2.

Number 3.

Number 4.

Number 5.
(for the slow ones, its called AIDS)

I'm pretty much fed up with new horror movies altogether. I kind of wish they'd do a remake of Hellraiser, but it would probably end up screwed.

Dont give Hollywood any ideas!
Quote by mh.666
It's because of the whole shock culture. They're no longer trying to build atmosphere or anything, it just cheap thrills and gore.

+500,000,000
"Sticking Feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken"--Tyler Durden

Cufk, TisH, Sips
Quote by Altered_Carbon
I usually only watch really bad horror movies, like The Gingerdead Man, or Leprechaun Back 2 Tha Hood.

I laughed uncontrollably hard at that.
last.fm
Quote by darkstar2466
*head explodes*
You sir, are a god.

Quote by BBW
This song is about Little Red Riding Hood and her trials and tribulations with the Big Bad Wolf. He was a cunt who liked to bother pigs when they relaxed after work in their houses.
Vampire movies usually are pretty decent. The "x" of the dead movies, both old and new, kind of blow but 28 Days Later was just ****ing awesome. And how awesome would a Resident Evil movie based on the first part of the 4th game be? I say the first part of that game is damn good and creepy, then it tapers off. When you get to the part where those lumbering gingerbreadman looking things that you have to kill with the infrared scope are it gets creepy again, then it turns into a rambo movie.

But yeah RE4 would make a great movie premise if not done campily. Salazar? Come on.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
You're a horror fan and you enjoyed House of Wax?

Status revoked.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by Smokey Amp
You're a horror fan and you enjoyed House of Wax?

Status revoked.

Eh, it was decent enough.

I especially liked the bit where Paris Hilton got speared in the face. It was even funnier because I was watching it in the Hilton hotel.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.