So i'm thinking, instead of getting a new delay, chorus, etc. Would it be better to just get a decent multi-effects pedal? I've actually heard the Pod XT being used, and it sounds pretty dang amazing (From what I've heard). Do you guys reccomend it?

I'll pretty much be putting it straight in front of my amp--so it'll be like...

Guitar > pedals > pod > amp

Which brings me to another question--

Would I be able to use my wah or OD even with the pod connected in my chain?
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
I'm crying right now, really, I am.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Quote by hamish5178

What?

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by hamish5178

Your Orange doesn't have a FX Loop right? I'm guessing wah and OD go in front of the POD but I could be wrong.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
u'd b able to hook up the extra pedals infront, or after the pod, but beware! i had the pod xt, and traded it for separate pedals for several reasons:
1. the pod will give u tooooo much stuff
2. it will all be super-compressed and digital, it will not have the unique tone of separate pedals
3. you will send too much time setting up the right sound. dont get me wrong, u'll get that sound, but it will take hours.

on the good side, its an amazing tool, but the new X3's coming out, so u might wanna give that a look as it looks like the x3 will do everything with vocals and bass guitar too. the pod is also amazing for recording.

my suggestion:
for gigs - get separate pedals
for recording - get the pod
you determine which you will do more of.
Pow-Chika-Wah-Wah
Pow-Chika-Chika-Wah-wah
Like all multi-fx pedals, the Pod would give you a load of stuff that you'd most likely never really use, and evidently, it will sound somewhat digital. Bear in mind that a vast majority of people in your audience won't really be able to tell the difference between the slightly digital sound of the Pod and the analog sound of pedals, so maybe, it's worth considering practicality before automatically adopting the seperate pedal mentality.

As far as multi-fx go, the Pod XT is fairly good, and if you're recording, like Fate above me said, it'd be a very handy tool, if you spend the time playing with it to get the sound you want.

I would probably put your other pedals after it in the chain, if it compresses the sound alot, just so it doesn't compress your other pedals. Not sure if it would do that or not, but it's kinda logical to assume it would.

Don't write it off just because it's a multi-fx, try it out, and if you like it, and if you'd get good practical use out of it, definately consider buying it.
Quote by aznrockerdude

Your Orange doesn't have a FX Loop right? I'm guessing wah and OD go in front of the POD but I could be wrong.

Wait, did you call me a tube *****?

Hell yeah, my amp has 12!
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Ahh, all right. Thanks for those who were actually helpful.

Quote by which ones pink
Don't do it. With your taste in pedals, the POD is a joke.

Heh, well, maybe.

I'm just being open minded for now.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by hamish5178
Wait, did you call me a tube *****?

Hell yeah, my amp has 12!

Mine doesn't. I could kill a rhino with amp's gain on 10 though.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
podXT actually has some decent fx, but you need to use it on the fx loop. It doesn't sound good at all in front of an amp IME. I had several amps I tried it with, and the only place I liked it was on the loop with the amp models/cab sims turned off. And forget trying to boost it with anything in front, you'll just clip the signal and sound like ass.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids