Say I have $300-400 in hand, to spend on my new amp. Which one would you buy? I am looking for the best possible all-around amp. I play everything from Sabbath to System of a down to Metallica, GNR, Maiden, Slayer, Santana etc. I need something to cover me no matter what I play.

Where do I get the best value?

I have looked at the Vox AD30VT, which falls into my price range, but it might not be enough for when I am ready to gig. Ideally, I would like something to be able to gig with comfortably.

thanks for the help
um ok, how much more and what would you suggest? I'm just trying to put together some general thoughts as to what I need to get.
If the Peavey Windsor studio ever comes out u should look into it, it is a single channel tho.
i would say look in to the peavey 6505.Its used by metal bands all around the works so you should have no problem getting a metallic.system of ... tone out of it.
And also its made got EVH,and when u think classic rock you think EVH.
Guitar Center is trying to clear it's stock of Peavey Classic 50 amps. I got mine for around $00 new there as a holiday price might be worth checking out.
They seem fairly versatile and should do well for your styles so long as you can use good pedals.
Nice cleans and a usable overdrive...
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Quote by zeppelinpage4
Guitar Center is trying to clear it's stock of Peavey Classic 50 amps. I got mine for around $00 new

$0? really?! I'll definitely go pick one of those up

jokes aside, I live in Canada so we don't have any GC's as far as i'm concerned. But I am taking more suggestions for now.
Oh my bad.

Meant to write $400. Wait aren't the Traynor amps made in Canada? People on here have said they were good, might be worth looking into especially the used market.
Don't know which Traynor amps would be good though never really played one myself.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Quote by shadow21x
Where do I get the best value?

On the used market. Craig's List, ebay, pawn shops, etc.

For gigs, I'd look for 30-50W tube. A Classic 30 falls right in your price range. The Traynor YCV 40 or 50 are great amps. All of these will need a pedal for the heavier stuff, but amps that do the heavier stuff on their own generally either have crappy cleans or are way out of your price range.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I would suggest Roland Cube 60,that's what I am probably getting,and there aren't some complains about it,it's ok for it's price.
Current situation:
Proud owner of Jackson JS30RR and Roland Cube 30X