I noticed today on my champ that there was an odd distortion in it. Like I'd have the volume on 3 or 4 and I'd hear the clean note come through but in the background you can hear the same note but with a bit of fuzziness. Its really annoying and distracting not so much with distortion but very much with cleans. Its not breakup cause normally my amp starts breaking up around 6 and 7.

I'm starting to think that maybe my speaker is going bad cause I always crank this amp when I play it and speaker breakup occurs. Is this bad for speakers in the long run? Or maybe its just the champ's cause all the harmony central reviews say that they changed out the speaker cause the old one sucked. They also said stuff like I'd love to crank it but I wouldn't want to abbuse the speakers like that.

I don't think it's my tubes cause I just did a tube change a couple months ago. An odd conincidence is that I just changed my power tube today cause from my last practice the old power tube got knocked out and making some odd ringing noises and this fixed that. The power tube isn't deffective or anything cause I checked with another one (I did the same for the other tubes too) and I still had the same problem

So if anyone has an idea of what might be the problem please help me out. Also I'll try to put up a soundclip of what im talking about but ill have to do it tommorow its too late to make noise now. Thx in advance for any help
CGDAEG
well I dont know... thats strange. maybe try taking it apart and re soldering all the connections. thats about all you could do to try and fix it anyway. its not worth paying someone to fix it either because itll likely cost almost as much as a replacement practice amp
I love my...

Parker Nitefly Mojo - custom
Schecter 006 Hellraiser
Ibanez S470QS

Mesa / Boogie F-50
Vox AD50VT

Seagull Artist Studio cutaway I-beam

Ibanez ATK700
Ibanez Soundwave 35
nevermind I didnt realize what amp you were talking about. it may be worth fixing after all
I love my...

Parker Nitefly Mojo - custom
Schecter 006 Hellraiser
Ibanez S470QS

Mesa / Boogie F-50
Vox AD50VT

Seagull Artist Studio cutaway I-beam

Ibanez ATK700
Ibanez Soundwave 35
also check your cables. i was play a live show and one of my bass cabs was making a bad cracking sound. after the show i found out i had a bad cable. never made the noise again. good luck with your amp.
i might be loose or bad soldering cause someone had that problem on harmony central. I guess ill have a go at looking inside im just scared I might **** something up.
CGDAEG
First thing that comes to mind is a soldering problem with the speaker connections. Resolder those, check your cables, if that doesn't work, I'm not sure what else you could do technically, but you could consider putting a new speaker in it, or, if all else fails, take it to an amp tech.

But, most likely, bad speaker connection or cable.
^well I just checked my cables and all of them give me the same problem. I also tried them with my other amp and they work fine there so its not the cables. Also the speaker connections aren't soldered in. They just clip onto the speaker and they look nice and snug and connected.
CGDAEG