Hey guys!

I recently bought a PRS McCarty Standard, had it set up with 11s in Eb professionally, and holy ****, the guitar almost plays itself. I play hard, like to dig in, etc, and the guitar holds up perfectly, with a very comfortable action, and at the same time, a very nice give....the strings are not stiff at all, they bend just enough to make lead playing comfortable, while keeping enough tension for hard rhythm work. I LOVE this guitar!

Now, my PRS Singlecut is staying in Standard tuning. The only thing is, compared to the McCarty, the playability on it feels a bit stiff, especially on the treble strings. It's currently setup with 10s, which I've always liked, but since playing this McCarty, it seriously makes the Singlecut seem a bit stiff.

The two guitars have the same scale neck, same bridge ,etc.

I'm considering going back to 9s with maybe a 48 or 50 on the bass E (this is what I do on all my guitars, and I love it, as I also use drop D).

My question...will 9s be too loose? How about tone wise? I've always found 10s to sound a bit fatter....will I miss the sound?

The best thing would obviously be for me to try it, but I can't get to a store for another 2 days....I'm getting anxious and would like some opinions.

Overall, what do you think would be a good gauge for me in standard, considering I LOVE the feel of 11s in half step down?

Thanks alot!
Honestly... Try a different brand. I play 11s on my electric whether I'm in standard or flat. I just prefer the feel and sound of them.

I play DM Blue Steels. Just try a few different brands.
do you have pictures of this beauty??? I would say 10's they sound fuller
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
hybrid set, maybe...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well I use 9s... I do have the hands of a small child but they suit me fine. 9-46 has the low 3 strings from a 10s set and the high three strings from a 9s set.

You could also look at D'addario 9.5s, they're exactly halfway between 9 and 10.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
yeah, generally it's the bottom strings which get too loose (in my experience anyway), so the hybrid set helps a little with that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?