I did a search and I didn't know where this might fit so..........

I have had my Yammy Fg-720s-12 for a few months and something has been bothering me. I don't feel I have been getting the most out of this beautiful instrument, I was wondering, for those of you that play, what did you do to allow yourself to explore more of the sound of the guitar? I realize this is a highly general question but really, any help will do.

as a side question, what is the best option for acoustic amplification, the piezo transducer, or the soundhole pickup? and what is an appropriately sized acoustic amp for playing a small venue?

I am new to the Acoustic/Classical forum so go easy on me

and thank you very much in advance

~B.C.
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Last edited by Carswell98 at Dec 1, 2007,
I'd go for a soundhole mic pickup rather than a peizo or single coil as it has a much more acurate sound... you might even go grazy and fit the mic and one of the other two.

Try tuning your 12 string to open tunings or a step down from standard tuning (sounds like a bit of a kurfuffle but you get some great sounds, especially with a 12 string).

I sold mine on saturday but i didn't play it and i needed the space/money.
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
thanks for the help

I decided to spend some time using open C, maybe it will help out

and with any luck I'll be able to start making myself heard

much appreciated
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
roland has the ac-60, which is loud enough for most small venues. They just came out with a ac-90. same thing but bigger.

The best acoustic amp i've ever tried was the fashman loudbox 100. The sound is PRISTINE, like running water down a cool crisp brook.

don't even try the fender acoustasonic, it doesn't emulate the sound authentically at all. But it loudness is what your after...

and then you could always go with a PA system if your singing too. But all the amps listed above have XLR inputs.
What I usually do is ,and yes I know it's weird but, if you really like the song It's going to show in how you play it so when you play put your soul into it and try different ways of strumming, whether it be plucking differently or just strumming to a different pattern.
That's all I can do to help well later,
Oh and the guy up there said get a soundhole mic pickup. well yeah, if its a soundhole MIC pickup there good (if its a good mic that is) but a normal soundhole pickup is similar to a electric guitar pickup (well theyre pretty much the same) and if your gunna be playing throu8gh an electric guitar amp then theyre your bets bet. But out of all the pickup types a soundhole pickup probably captures the sound of an acoustic guitar the worst.
Go for the Piezo i reckon