I have been having a lot of mood swings. I do not like it, and is hurting my ability to work at school, and such.

They ussualy follow a certain pattern being:

Sad/Worried
Content
Happy
Mad
Content
Depressed.

is there anything that can be done about this?

or any helpful suggestions?
de-stress yourself.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
This should be on your Myspace.

Your username is StraightxXxEdge yet in your profile your occupation is drunk.

You're a poser.
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
It's a joke.

You're a moron.

Well it isn't very funny.
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
It's not meant for the type of people who need everything spoon-fed to them.

I maybe spoon-fed but that doesn't mean your "joke" isn't lame.
Quote by BME
Well it isn't very funny.

It wasn't very funny because you were foolish enough to actually believe his straight-edgedness, only to realize you're stupid.
Quote by thefoundationof
I have been having a lot of mood swings. I do not like it, and is hurting my ability to work at school, and such.

They ussualy follow a certain pattern being:

Sad/Worried
Content
Happy
Mad
Content
Depressed.

is there anything that can be done about this?

or any helpful suggestions?

do you have decent exercise and not a really bad diet? Do you listen to a lot of dark music? not that music is an issue but if you are suffering from teenage angst it makes things worse. all teenagers go through it but sorting out diet and fitness will solve your problem.
Well i was just kicked out of a band i pretty much started about a year ago, by a bassist who's far worse than i am, i got real pissed and annoyed (almost depressed). But then i totally showed them up with my mad skillage....
Quote by Lul.Wut?
do you have decent exercise and not a really bad diet? Do you listen to a lot of dark music? not that music is an issue but if you are suffering from teenage angst it makes things worse. all teenagers go through it but sorting out diet and fitness will solve your problem.

My diet is good. Excercise is the 2 hours I get every other day in PE, not sure if that counts.
thats called being the ages of 13 - 17, you'll grow out of it soon
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Quote by thefoundationof
My diet is good. Excercise is the 2 hours I get every other day in PE, not sure if that counts.

jesus you live in a nice climate have no work to go to for 8 hours a day unlike me. probably just teenage angst are you having personal problems with friends or family?
Quote by Lul.Wut?
jesus you live in a nice climate have no work to go to for 8 hours a day unlike me. probably just teenage angst are you having personal problems with friends or family?

My dad recently left, that has part in it.

I wasnt looking for reasons why though, im looking for suggestions on how to overcome it, or help it.
haha welcome to teenagerdom
it can suck
but in ten years we'll all go 'damn we SUCKED and we thought we were cool and we thought we had problems.. jeez'
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Whenever you're depressed, watch videos of kittens, or listen to some good ol' death metal.
Or do what I do, and watch videos of kittens while listening to death metal (yes I have done that before on certain occasions).
uhhhh, yea
Quote by DarkDude110
Whenever you're depressed, watch videos of kittens, or listen to some good ol' death metal.
Or do what I do, and watch videos of kittens while listening to death metal (yes I have done that before on certain occasions).

There are videos that combine both.

But yet they are unsuccessful.
Quote by thefoundationof
Sounds simple.

cheya. its really easy. just try.
UG MISSILE BASE
Fight for the cause!

Quote by RMC06
Donkeyman2341, you are my new god!
Quote by thefoundationof
My dad recently left, that has part in it.

I wasnt looking for reasons why though, im looking for suggestions on how to overcome it, or help it.

You really need to look at why. Otherwise, you're just putting a patch on the problem.
That might be enough, or you might have a blowout later. Why risk that?

See a counselor at your school. Ask a few questions, tell him/her about your situation. You might benefit from a psychologist of psychiatrist who can help you sort and manage things that are at the source of these moods.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by thefoundationof
There are videos that combine both.

But yet they are unsuccessful.

Then try baby harp seals and folk metal, always a good combination.
uhhhh, yea
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You really need to look at why. Otherwise, you're just putting a patch on the problem.
That might be enough, or you might have a blowout later. Why risk that?

See a counselor at your school. Ask a few questions, tell him/her about your situation. You might benefit from a psychologist of psychiatrist who can help you sort and manage things that are at the source of these moods.

I really don't like talking to people about my problems. I just don't really trust a lot of people. I give them a general Idea of what is wrong, just not very specific. I went to a psychiatrist once (anger issues), the only way it helped is from annoyance of going there.