I've been trying to get my T-60 back up to speck all night and i'm in need of a little help.

*note: the T-60 is equipped with a phase switch, which is connected to the bridge humbucker. if you want to see what i'm working with, check out the schematics here: http://peaveyt60.com/mods&hotrodding.htm

Here's what's going on with the pickups:

Neck pickup - works great.

Both Pickups - Phase Switch Down: full sound, not much change from the neck position. Phase switch up: slight volume drop, loss of some low end.

Bridge Pickup - Here's where it gets screwed up: Phase switch down: extreme volume drop. I have to crank my amp to hear it at all and even at full volume, it's barely audible. Phase switch up: very thin, twangy tone. hardly compares to the fullness of the neck pickup, like it's 2 different guitars. I know the bridge pickup is supposed to be more treble/mid heavy, but this is just not working right.

Earlier tonight, I replaced the phase switch. for about 2 hours, everything worked GREAT. sound on the bridge p'up was back and everything was rocking. I was playing around for a while and then i switch to the bridge and BAM same ****ty tone i was dealing with before the toggle swap.

I was just playing around with the amp's volume way up so i could hear the bridge pickup at all. I think the tone pot on the bridge and it might be the culprit. with the phase out, when i roll the knob, it has louder spots, but marginally louder. - come to think of it, i think i turned the tone knob all the way down right before i went back to it and when i turned it back up, that's where the tone suffered.

further, if I pull UP on the tone knob, it gets louder. is it time to break in there again and swap that tone pot too? is there a bigger issue i need to worry about? Grounding maybe?
Last edited by MasterWerk at Dec 1, 2007,
the humbucker is wired either parallel, or reverse phase.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
it's wired to the original specification. I think it's the tone pot that's the problem. the sound shouldn't have a jump when i pull up on it.